Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just won an auction for a 86 burb for $175

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by google, Jul 7, 2005.

1. google

google 1/2 ton status

woohoo

Just won this for $175. Has a th400 and unknown tcase. I don't see locking hubs.... does anyone know what tcase that would be? From what they say, the interior is shot which disapoints me. I may just pull the tranny apart and put it back in and sell the thing..... or maby i'll just make it a daily driver and turn my blazer into a wheeling truck. Dunno

[​IMG]

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Nice score.

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Wow... Any rust? Was it Ebay or a local thing like impounds or something?

4. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Prolly a 208

5. google

google 1/2 ton status

Nope no rust. All AZ truck and I got it from gsaauctions.gov. Government maintained :mad: But i'll live

I don't think it's a 208 though. No locking hubs.... I was thinking 203.... but I really don't know what i'm talking about. Just that my blazer has a 208 and they are locking hubs.... Do I know what I think I know?

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

The hubs are independant of the TC, IE, you can install manual locking hubs with a full-time 4x4 transfer case.

It probably has automatic locking hubs. Look under the visor by the drivers seat, there should be instructions for putting it in 4x4 and getting it out of 4x4, and if they're automatic hubs, it'll say something about going 10 feet in reverse.

Also, on the TC itself, a 208 or 241 should have a tag with the model number. Lemme see if I can dig up a picture of one of my 208's or 241's.

I'd guess it's a 208 also. I can't tell from the pic, but if it's an 86 with a th400, it's probably a 3/4 ton which should still use the 208 that year. I'm not much of a burb guy though, so I may be blowing smoke...

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Here's my old 88's 208, the red tag is where you can identify it (not sure if 203's or 205's have that tag, but I think so):

[​IMG]

8. google

google 1/2 ton status

There are two problems. I don't know if the thing came with a th400. They told me over the phone that the tcase and tranny aren't from the truck. That kinda pissed me off cause I was hoping to find it had a 700r4, but oh well. Where can I find an interior carpet for this thing?

And, i don't have the thing yet. Just won it, but havn't picked it up yet. I'll know what I have once I get it.

9. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I really doubt it has a 203. Is it 3/4 ton? I think that 700R4's and 400's were both available in 3/4 ton burbs. The front appears to have some type of lock out, either manual or the factory automatic hubs. A solid chrome cap would indicate 203 hubs.

10. google

google 1/2 ton status

Really, I don't think I care what tcase is in it. I prolly won't use the 4wd anyway on the thing. Just gunna use it to tow the blazer after I tear the thing apart and make it a wheelin rig. I'll prolly try and make the burb all pritty inside with TVs and pansy stuff. It doesn't have a/c either though. Kinda sucks. I really need to find something with A/C.

11. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Kool!!! :D

Set up a ramp and jump it!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

You'll make your money back and lots more charging admission! :laugh:

Just kidding of course, nice score!

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Nice user name on PBB :surepal:

13. google

google 1/2 ton status

Thanks. I figure that since I can't be an ass and get away with it here, I could tell people off there and make myself feel better. I came up with the name after some dude said something really stupid and I wanted to call him out for the BS he was spreading. :haha: :haha: :haha:

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

That's nice..........................

15. google

google 1/2 ton status

Hey, you don't know what it's like yet. Just wait. When you aren't a cop any more you will have a lot of stress that you can't take out on the next jackass you pull over that mouths off to you. There aren't any drug dealers/users/makers to take down that give you that warm fuzzy feeling any more. Just boring day after boring day dealing with normal people at a normal job that should have never been hired but never get fired because of protocall. ARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I don't have any stress in my job and if I did, I sure as hell wouldn't be taking it out on people that I stop..........................

17. google

google 1/2 ton status

Stress AFTER you're not a cop. And I don't mean taking it out really, just the things you get to do are a stress relief. I get a guy once that had a 2yo boy in the back seat of his bronco and a meth lab in the rear and him and the woman were both high as a kite. It just makes life good when you can do stuff like that. When you're not a cop, the best thing that happens is a good deal on a truck......

18. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

I actually almost feel sorry for you, almost........................

19. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

So what's your name?

20. google

google 1/2 ton status

Bull$hitFLAG :D