Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just Wondering Out Loud.........Keep Or Trade Or Sell

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Slayer, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Slayer

Slayer 1/2 ton status

Eastern Colorado, jokingly referred to as Western
    I have a rusting '77 K5, which is my "TOY" and daily driver. All the mods so far (stroker motor, crash bars, wheels/tires, seats, etc.) could be moved to another truck.
    I could keep working on this beast, get the interior finished, the roll cage done, and other work that would force me to keep this truck. Then do the body work and paint last.
    Or I could find another truck (K5, same 2nd generation) and move my stuff over to it, and then sell the rusting hunk.
    But, I'm sort of attached to the rusting blue beast, go figure.
    Just wondering what other people have done. I have checked with various body shops, and they tell me that replacing the rusting fenders and doors is no big deal, and cheaper than starting over with another K5.
    Any opinions or ideas out there in CK5land????
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

keep it and fix it when your done you will have a new truck and you will know every inch of it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif and have the pride to say you saved it from the bone yard /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

I've still got 72 K5 that got wrecked in 87.Bought new 88SWB cause credit union would finance new truck and couldn't get older truck loan.Worked out super good.Has over 450,000 miles now and going for a million.Has original engine{only new timing gear & chain,regular maint},Trans{Gertrag 5spd}Blew 1 241 tcase,Did own HiPin D60SFA,10.25 sterling rear{welded} and all body work done by Tellico trails.Not beat up to bad yet.Some day soon I'll get bact to working on 72.So much time Too little money. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gifer in TENN.