Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Justhorsinaround, Allan= damn good driver

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by FWP, Apr 17, 2005.

1. FWP

FWP CRS

We had a great time today on Upper terminator. I was really impressed with Allan's driving skills, you did well man! Not bad for a stock K5 on 33's. Got hung up a few times, no biggie. I didn't spot him hardly at all. The right application of the skinny pedal at the right times, for the most part (You know where I'm talking about Allan :laugh: ), kept you motoring right along.

Damn quick changeout of your broken front main leaf- good work!

Now get that freakin shifter fixed ;) .

Last edited: Apr 17, 2005
  2. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

sounds like u guys had some fun today :D

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Ya, it looked that way. Allan beat his junk up a little in the process too. Couple of quality dents and a sacrificed rear bumper.

Me and Matt walked Die Hard. That trail is pretty wicked.

Harley

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Yep. First thing on the list for tomorrow as I happen to have tomorrow off. :grin:

Kudos in a big way to Fred for the patience and havin a spare front main spring. :bow:

All in all we had a excellent time. A little nerve racking and annoying when I would make a mistake or she'd pop out of low lock over and over and over again holdin the works up.

We had some definate Blazer envy as the Armadillo has some serious equiment. I think her tires alone are taller than Wimpy altogether. :o

Thanks again Fred for showin us a good time!!!!!

Now that we have rock damage I'm thinkin a narrowed front is in order. Whatcha all think? :thinking: :yikes:

Well at least she'll kinda look like a crawler anyway and we can see the rocks that we are supposed to be settin our tires on so's to not get stuck. :crazy:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2005
  5. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Sounds like fun. :D

Now, I wonder why Fred carries a spare front main leaf now? :whistle: :smirk:

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Don't need to narrow it yet , you need to bring the trailer by and get the 465 /208 :D

7. justhorsinaround

Well, started workin on fixin the low lock issue last week and finished it up today. When I took apart the shifter mechanism thing deal it came from together in more pieces than Chevy put it together with. Well hell I thought.

Got to lookin at the whole shebang and thought why not just run two different shifters instead of just one with all the ratchet lever up down stuff and junk that failed in the first place.

Took the stock lever and welded it to the lock crank and took some way bigger than necessary flat stock I had layin around and bent it up to mate to the low/high crank and welded it in place then bolted the kit and kaboodle back together. All that's left is to weld an old Craftsmen screw driver to the obscenely over sized flat stock to make a handle to make low and high work easier.

Seems to work pretty well but we'll prolly have to wait for the camping trip to find out how well.

Never heard of anyone doin this but it sure was easy. Heck I spent more time tryin to talk myself out of doin this and trimmin the tranny cover cuz I don't have a bench mounted vice to bend the flat stock in (bending 2 inch by at least 1/8th inch steel in a vice on the ground ain't fun) and it ran into it (the cover).

We'll see I spect.

8. pauly383

All that work for a case thas gonna end up on a shop floor :D

Your gonna love the other combo when ya get it swapped Allan , the 208 shifts nice , and with the 465 your gonna have good gearing :grin:

9. justhorsinaround

Don't rain on my parade ya yutz!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :haha:

10. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Twin sticking a 203 is a nice feature. hi-lo doesn't bind as often as loc-open does.

11. pauly383

Well cool , then I want Allans nifty shifter if he makes it pretty then .... and your case . I am bringing it ( whole sm465/np208 setup ) Saturday the 14th , tired of looking at it . Allans barbeque could become a tranny swap :grin: