Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

JVC head units...

Discussion in 'Audio' started by sled_dog, Nov 17, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Yeah I'm thinking never buy one again... I took it out and cleaned it last night(after teh little brush cd thing didn't stop the MASSIVE skipping problem). Pulled it all apart, blew it out with compressed air, wiped it with a bunch of qtips and alcohol, cleaned the contacts, and even cleaned off and applied brand new heat transfer compound to the areas that contact the case for cooling. STILL skips, not as much but it still does.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

3. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

The rails that the lens transport slides on may be sticking. Try cleaning those off too and lube them with a graphite lube. But don't spray it on them because if you get it on any of the electronic components you'll have more trouble than you started with since graphite is conductive. Spray the lube on a cotton swab and wipe it on the rails. Other than that I'd say junk it since it may need some adjustments that'd cost more than it's worth. :weld: :grind::hack:

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeh I cleaned the rails up a bit, but tried not to remove the lube that was there. I am only driving the car for a bit more anyway so I'm not to worried abotu it. Already decided on not buying a JVC for the pickup and getting an IPOD and one of those Aux input setups for it. No more skipping for me.