Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

JVC KD-DV6200 Other DVD Units?? Plus other junk.

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 2Dogs, Mar 30, 2006.

1. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

All,
    Looking at using the deck to play the DVDs for the front TV in the motorhome. Anyone using a DVD capable head unit?

Check out these pics - is that the CeNet cable type?
    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/pictures.php?id=6659

JVC makes the Sirius tuner and a CD changer - it sounds like you can 'pass through' this type even if it's not CeNet.... Any comments?

I will be using the existing 8 Speakercraft speakers plus adding an amped pair behind the seat. For those that read my other post about using home speakers I think I have decided to go with nice 6x9s in boxes for space savings. Thinking about these:
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-FjYz5THtC6i/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=107MMC690

Any comments about Diesel amps?

2. 2Dogs

Anyone....? Where are you Z3PR?? :D

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Okay, I really don't have any experence with car DVD systems. I would go to your local high end car stereo shops and look at what they have. Clarion has what looks like a nice one. (Only seen it on the internet, so no real experence.)

4. 2Dogs

Thanks, I will post up when I finally make my decision...... :doah:

5. tuffdogstudio

tuffdogstudio 1/2 ton status

Why not get an all-in-one TV with DVD built into it? My in-laws have a TV with built in VCR in the front of their motorhome, it has an audio out jack on the front of it that we use to run the sound through his stereo system (the head unit has an audio in jack on the front of it). System in the motor home is pretty simple, head unit running two 6.5 dash speakers and two wedge style Pioneer speakers in the main cabin area, 200watt amp pushing a RF 12" sub in a sealed box under one of the fold out couch/seats. System is pretty decent all things considered and movies are pretty nice with the addition of the bass from the sub. Rear cabin audio/video is handled by a seperate head unit powering 4 speakers no amp and sub, but still connects to the rear cabin TV for a little better audio when wanted.

6. 2Dogs

We do have a new flat screen TV with DVD but that probably is going in back. The front TV is in good condition and due to the cabinet it is in I am limited to what I can do if I want to maintain the current screen size.

I have thought about going to home stereo equipment.

Have you had any experience with auto DVD players?

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

What about salvageing a DVD system from a wrecked mini-van ??? That'd probley save you some bucks.

8. 2Dogs

Do they have amp outputs?

Do they have Sat and MP3 ability?