Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

JW Trans Ultra Bell!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BorregoK5, Feb 8, 2002.

1. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

As many of you know I destroyed a bell housing on my th-350 a few days ago. One of our members (Donovan) suggested a remedy called the Ultra Bell. Not only is it made from 713 tinzoloid, weigh 10 lbs and about 600 times stronger than a stock bellhousing but its SFI certified to take the place of a flexplate shield. JW Trans were very helpfull on the phone and delivered the part overnight. There is a little bit of prep in cutting the bell housing off but then you just bolt this unit right on the pump bolts (which they supply new longer bolts and seals). Its pretty thick and beafy but supprisingly light weight. At $268 bucks I consider it a great alternative to swapping out the whole case especially after making such a huge investment into my th-350's internal parts. Thanks again Donovan, it's contributions like yours which make this site so valuable! Now, I've just got to follow up with everyone elses suggestions on what could have caused this make sure something else doesn't break...

I started with nothing and I still have most of that left! - <a target="_blank" href=http://www.echobit.com:81/k5/> Pictures</a>

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

does this also strengthen up the casy by using the pump bolts?
    Grant

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in Yuma Arizona if ya got any parts for me.

3. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

The case is much thicker than the bell and the pump bolts run into the case at that ouside perimeter. After seeing how thin the stock bell is where it joins the case I would say yes it strenthens it by removing the possibility of the stock thin bell cracking 'at' the case and potentially taking a chunk of the case with it. I was fortunate this did not happen.

I started with nothing and I still have most of that left! - <a target="_blank" href=http://www.echobit.com:81/k5/> Pictures</a>

4. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

sorry i had forgotten that you could use a factory case with that.
    post pics

formerly 77chev
    still a jerk though