Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K-10 Turns good to right not left

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by TJS, Jan 10, 2002.

1. TJS

TJS 1/2 ton status

Ok I got this truck a month or so ago. It had a lot of probs which I have been fixing. The one thing is that I am not sure on is that it turns nice and sharp to the right but not the left. To get into the parking garage where I work (left turn) I have to stop and back up and turn left again. It has a 4" lift on it and
    the higher steering arm. The drag link is not level though. The front part of the draglink at the pitman arm sits a tiny bit lower than at the back part of the drag link. My thoughts are to adjust the steering is to take in at the adjustment at the drag link. Any thoughts here on what I should do. I also have a stock steering arm for this truck, should I change that as well or try the adjustment first. I am pissing people off behind me in the parking garage and I want to cure this ASAP.
    Thanks for all the help.
    T.J.

2. XtrmChevy

XtrmChevy 1/2 ton status

The draglink is too long, try to shorten it. Should cure the problem.

1981 K20 350/400/208/205 D60fARB & 14bFFDETROIT 4.10 (UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!)

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Just adjust it at the draglink till you get equal steering to each side. Keep in mind it will never be exactly equal due to flex of the bushings and frame, etc, but you can get it really close.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    SW-ORD
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com>www.offroaddesign.com</a>

4. TJS

TJS 1/2 ton status

thanks for the info. I was able to work on it today and shorten
    the drag link. I think I made it one turn too short now. I will readjust it later this week. Thanks for all the help.
    T.J.