Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K-5 For sale

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Zack, Mar 8, 2000.

1. Zack

Zack 1/2 ton status

I am seriously thinking of selling my k5... It just doesn't seem worth it anymore.. I should know when to cut my losses and buy a newer one that is in better shape. If anyone has an offer for me let me know. If you dont' know about my truck email me at carlson@shabnet.com for details

Zack Carlson

No I am still not done with my frame up resto!! Soon i swear!

2. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Whats wrong Zack, hang in there. These Blazers are money pits but you just need to pace yourself. I think you took on a BIG job by doing the frame off. My Blazer was in terrible shape when I purchased it. I have spent alot of money and time on my Blazer but it has been worth it. When you conquer that cool trail, Climb the un-climable, Mud the un-mudable, you will look back and think "I built that rig". Hang in there man...

<font color=red>Mudzer</font color=red>

3. Matt N.

Matt N. Registered Member

I hope you aren't selling it to get a different 4x4...fact is, the blazer is about as cheap as they come. Almost everything is available for 'em, engine parts are cheap, axles are plentiful. Anything you want to take offroad is going to need bigger tires ($), wheels ($$), gears ($$$), axles ($$$$) and so forth... but when you do it to a blazer, you will have a stouter rig than anything else, and it will still be cheaper to maintain. If you just like drivin around with big tires, being able to see above everyone else, get something pretty, with IFS. I think the biggest mistake IMAO (flames welcome!), is too many people use these rigs as daily drivers...granted, I drive 70 miles a day to work, but building a rig (street rod, autocross, or off road) while trying to drive it on a daily basis is a sure fire way to wear out the fun of it.

4. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I agree. My Blazer is not my daily driver because 1)I get a better mileage with my Toyota 2wd truck and 2)I'm always afraid some idiot will slam on my rear or run through a red light and total my Blazer. From that day on look for me in jail, because I'll become a killer.

When weekends are near I start to get anxious because I want to drive my Blazer. I guess that increases how much I enjoy driving it. Kind of like when you were a kid and christmas was over, you had to wait 'till the next christmas to get more presents.

Don't sell that Blazer. Show it some love and care and fix it with lots of PATIENCE[​IMG].

<font color=purple>////////
    Go 79s!!!
    </font color=purple>[​IMG]