Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K/5 for sale...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Ryan B., Oct 13, 2002.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I went with one of my bro's to check out this '70 stingray he's buying on monday.. got to take it for a test drive and really check it over to make sure he's getting a good deal.
    Corvette red, black interior, Roller cam'd 350, Doug Nash 5 speed, L-88 BB hood.. pretty damn sweet car... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

So then they guy who's selling it is like "oh yeah and if you know anyone who's interested in buying a blazer"....
    And we walk around the corner of his house... /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

'83 K/5... not too ugly, not bad body at all.
    Had an original 350 in it i think, but now its been converted to a 6.2L diesel. Behind that its got a SM465/ and NP208/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif.
    It's got a 5" lift and 35" mud terrains, on some (enki i think) aluminum wheels.
    The best part was it has a 14FF and D60 front. 4:56's Detroit in the rear, power lock up front. (this is what the guy told me)
    The front axle looked like it was leaking outta the seals on the ends of the tubing. Has a full 6 point cage also.
    The dude wanted $3500... but if you were serious you could probally get it for $3200 to possibly $3000 /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    This is located in Redwood city.
    Looked like a fun beater, but the body looked straight from what i saw so i'd be hesitant just to start bashing it right off the bat. Looks like it would be an awsome wheeler!

Just thought i'd let you guys know... IF anyone is really intersted post here and i can get you they guys number for ya.
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

When reading the title it looked like you where selling yours...kinda worried me... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    When reading the title it looked like you where selling yours...

[/ QUOTE ]

....and in the WRONG forum too!

4. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

LOL! That was my goal.
    I don't think i would be selling my blazer or my camaro EVER. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

Ken, Didja get any further with that engine? Crank it over and make sure all the pistons come up to the same height.
    Maybe you can coax Scott into coming over sometime and telling you that everything is okay and you should be going to pismo. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Haven't cranked the motor over yet. And I called Scott but he had a prior engagement. Today I'm going to talk to some Motor Heads at a shop in Freeeekmont. And then go home and try and crank that motor over. We'll see. KEN /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif