Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K-5 frame + Reg Cab = ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BigBurban350, Apr 16, 2003.

1. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Will a regular pickup cab (sec gen) bolt to a sec gen K-5 frame? Im not worried about the bed

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

whether its a direct bolt I don't know or think so. But a guy lives down the road from me that has a Blazer frame with pickup cab and a shortened bed.

3. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

White_Rhyno has a 76K5 w/ a P/U cab on it and a little flatbed. Send him an pm, he did all of the work on his.

4. efilnikufecin

efilnikufecin 1/2 ton status

the front mounts are the same but the back mounts on a pickup are on the inside of the framerails.blazers are on the outside.

5. CrazyCoot

CrazyCoot Registered Member

Just got mine done. 76 Jimmy frame and 77 P/U cab. I had to have a 6 1/2 ft. bed to fit my bikes, so I stretched the frame 10". I think 73-77 K-5 frame is a direct fit for the Pickup cab because the rear floor in these years was not lowered.

6. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

I think crawling 73 has that set up and his looks really nice with a flat bed(well some what of a flat bed) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

My truck started out as a 81 K5 and is now a 74 C20.The mounts and front cab mounts will bolt right up.You will have to fab something for the rear cab mounts.I cut the rear cab mount crossmember from the truck and mounted it on top of the K5 frame.You will also need a body lift or rework the floor a bit.I have a 2" body lift and my 208 is about a 1/4" from the floor.

This is BY FAR one of the best mods Iv done so far.Its nice not havin rear quarters /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[​IMG]

8. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

I would also say it was one of the better conversions I did. I always wanted a pick-up. But i didnt want something so long.
    [​IMG]

9. BigBurban350

That truck would look sweet with 44's with a rear radiator and spare.

10. wfo163

wfo163 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    wanted a pick-up. But i didnt want something so long.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im in the same boat right now. I have an 83 K30 and I love the thing but the turning radius is.. well its a K30 so it horribly huge! Did you need to do the same thing with the mounts and then use a body lift? what year frame is yours?

11. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

The frame is a 1976. I dont have any body lift. I did put new body mount bushings in though. Poly's. Energy suspension? I dunno they were givin to me. They are red i know that.

12. SickboySS

SickboySS 1/2 ton status

will anything dramatically special be needed to be done to put a cab on an 88 frame? will it need to have a body lift and such? i'm not worried about the bed...just the cab right now

13. BigBurban350

[ QUOTE ]
    My truck started out as a 81 K5 and is now a 74 C20.The mounts and front cab mounts will bolt right up.You will have to fab something for the rear cab mounts.I cut the rear cab mount crossmember from the truck and mounted it on top of the K5 frame.You will also need a body lift or rework the floor a bit.I have a 2" body lift and my 208 is about a 1/4" from the floor.

This is BY FAR one of the best mods Iv done so far.Its nice not havin rear quarters /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Read that to answer the last two guys questions /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif