Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K-5...Like A Rock!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BigBurban350, Jul 17, 2002.

1. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

I recently bought an 84' 4x4 K-5(with just 31's and a 5.0l) for $250. Its definetly a beater. I took it back into my parents woods and knocked down some decent sized trees trying to make a trail, after 15 min of Austin Powers(when hes on the golfcart in the hallway)I got turned around. I went a different way then it got stuck. It sat there for a week before I decided to highlift it out(parents are in Tibet). I got it out and started flying back through the woods, I got around a curve and lost control smashing into a 9 in diameter(no joke) living tree. I blew right through it, the only thing that stopped the truck was because the tires were locked up. Now I got this hugh fallen tree, how do I explain this to my parents, whoops. The k-5 is still baja ready.

2. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    Blame it on beavers /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

it's posts like this that give us a bad name with the eco-nazis /forums/images/icons/mad.gif and get trails shut down!

4. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Sound's to me like personal (private) land. You own it, do what you want.

John

5. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

i guess i'm just be a lil over sensitive /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif . but stilll the greenies don't like us plowing down trees public or pirvate.

6. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I know what you mean. If the enviro-geeks could find a way to outlaw breathing because it produces carbon dioxide, they would.

7. LoggieStyle

LoggieStyle Registered Member

chop it up, turn it into firewood and plant a new tree.

8. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

You'd better go hug a tree, it's bad karma not to. If you don't, the other trees will gang up on you and seek revenge. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

9. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Ditto! Real Stupidity! Here we are all trying to save our trails and your killin them!
    Bill C /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

10. steve85fla

steve85fla Registered Member

That damned Sasquatch

11. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

if the echo geeks have a problem with me doing what i want on my private property then they can come talk to me in my house about it. they will only get shot once or twice.....

i agree. the dog i hit looked like sketti sauce when i was done. i just wish it was the stupid owner of the dog and not the dog.
    grant /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

12. lifted95z71

lifted95z71 1/2 ton status

what is this the communist 4x4 society. its his tree he can do what he wants to with it. personally i like to keep mine standing but to each his own.

13. BJarvis354

BJarvis354 Registered Member

Unlike what some people are saying round here sounds like you don't own no tree, much less any land...If your parents "own" (as in the shortsighted modern american sense of the word) that land you better get working on rebuilding the damage before the shoot you once or twice. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

14. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Ah, just say it fell over, too top heavy!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Crap happens, they'll laugh in a year or two!!! It's your own dang tree, do what you want!

15. sosamantx

sosamantx 1/2 ton status

LOL, just say that lightening struck it?? maybe, a few torch marks here and there??!! :P

16. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

Hey, our trucks aren't the only things that plow down trees. About the same time last year, some guy was yackin on his cell phone, popped the curb outside my house and nocked down a small tree right out front. My friends and I were playing Monopoly (Rich Uncle pennybags is da man)and all we heard was *WHAM... WHZZZ WHZZZZZZZZZZ*. We walk out to see a riced up grand am basically balancing on the knocked over tree, and the guy in the car, dazed. The best part was that he worked for the DPW.. so when his buddies came to clean up everything, they laughed at him. So, if your parents ask... just tell them some guy with a grand am ran it over /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

17. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Well, the tree that got blasted was interfering with another bigger tree about a 1.5 ft away, so I say I did a good thing. It is private land, and the woods are full of lots of trees. I would have to knocked down many trees just to reach the end of the property.

18. GDBlazerFun

GDBlazerFun Registered Member

I've got to know... Was this a sacred tree???

It didn't sound as if this is the only tree on the property... So just tell them that some mysterious tree smashing alien's came and chose that one as their favorite!

Then go out and paint the word alien on your truck!
    /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

But Way to go CHEVY.... Last time I tangled with a tree to wasn't that scenero at all! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Greg -

19. dduckblazer

dduckblazer Registered Member

It sounds like an accident. You didnt mean to run over that tree. Who hasnt hit something they didnt want to. Clean it up and maybe they wont noticed. Tell them at least it didnt fall on the house.

If a tree falls in the the woods...you know the rest

20. lifted95z71

lifted95z71 1/2 ton status

since this tree is obviously a sacred tree as the dude up there said i hope you didnt damage the tree shrine. if the tree shrine is ok just move it to another tree and maybe noone will notice. did this tree have mystical powers?