Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K-5 or Taho....That is the Question!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cmoe, Oct 29, 2001.

1. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

A guy from down the street came buy with a friend and want to know if I would trade my K-5 for his ('96)....Strait across.... I told him to get his title and we would talk somemore...... Might have to say goodby to the K-5......

C'moe

Kill Roy was here!

2. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

San Antonio(summer) Texas A and M (school year)
    hrm? I would be suspicous of anyone who wanted to make a trade like that. I would take a serious look at that Taho before trading, but it dosent seem like you could get too screwed. I've already decided my next truck is going to be a solid axle swap into a late model taho or suburban. They would make some mean weekend warriors if ya know what I mean.

Sparky

When all else fails... Check the blinker fluid.
    78 K-5

3. CV202

CV202 1/2 ton status

Why don't I have neighbors like that??????

Why do people keep calling it a Bronco!!!!! [​IMG]

4. aaaaggh

aaaaggh 1/2 ton status

birmingham alabama cause there no ham like birming
    are you sure this tahoe hasnt spent some time at teh bottom of a lake or something?

would you mind un-wedging your fullsize from between those trees? your blocking the trail.

5. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

The guy wants to lift it and found out how much the lift was going to cost....... It's a clean taho.....I drove it..... He is young and want something big (if we trade he'll have a big gas bill)....I told him about the trany problem and the new GM motor......His reply was that his uncle owns a trany shop in cal so he'll just get one over the Holidays.....I did a VIN check and it has a clean title.....

C'moe

Kill Roy was here!

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Well, that is a really nice Blazer you have. I'm sure you realize the off road prowess you now experience will be gone with that Tahoe, right? Either way, its obviously your choice.

Hmmm, did I mention how nice your Blazer is?

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>

7. bigk

bigk 1/2 ton status

I'd say go for the trade. If you miss your K5 you could always sell the Tahoe and buy another one with plenty left over for some serious mods. Then again, you may enjoy the Vortec motor and extra room and just do an axle swap, if you can live without the removable top. If you have any doubts, just book both trucks out with an NADA book. That should settle it for you. Either that or just send him my way. I'd be drivin a Tahoe.

Karl
    Temporarily Unemployed Underwear Model
    87 3/4 ton