Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K-5 power side mirrors?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Cmoe, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Who's got them and how do they like them? I want to find some! Who's got them and where did they get them? Who's got Pic's?

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

There is a thread in the members forum about the 89-91's and the same question came up . These pics were in there .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

pics are of K5freak44 and nvrenuf

3. eric22

eric22 1/2 ton status

i have them and they came on it, the "power" dosent work but the adjuster stick is in there and so are those ^^^^ mirrors... i dont like them though, they feel way too close, and if i happen to smoke a cig they feel even closer... im going to be looking into some older ones probibly, or goin to push them back a few " i just feel crowded, i dunno /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Like Harry I have the large chrome power mirrors, only diff is I got mine from a fullsize van. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    [​IMG]

What I like about these better than other mirriors is that the arm holding the mirrior is curved to pull it closer to the body, you have a larger viewing area than the black sporty mirrors, and I can fold these back up against the door for tighter trails.
    Plus being the metal body, they take abuse better than the plastic ones.

I've never seen the mirrors like HarryH3 has, didn't even know they ever made anything like that. I always though the housing was too thin for a power head to fit /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

The only downside to the power mirrors is running all the wiring and mounting the switch in a position that allows for easy adjustment.
    [​IMG]

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Now those chrome ones look better , like a truck . /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

What years/models Vans Please!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Eric22 do you want to trade? I have a pair of SS. And I havent smoked in 12 years so I wont have your problem..

8. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Ummm, I'm not sure what year they started, but my 94 has them and these came off a 92 I believe.
    Most of the old body style conversions should have them.
    If your in a yard looking you can tell the mirrors because they have a black plastic extension on the back side to make room for the motor and such. You can kinda see it in this pic
    [​IMG]

The switch is in the dog house so it can be a pain to remove (the van I got them from had been hit hard in the front and took a breaker bar to get the doghouse open)

It took a little work to make them fit in the truck's mirror bracket.
    If I was to get a set, I'd get everything there (the whole mount off the van too) as much wire as possible . . .
    I had to cut a portion of the shaft off to get it to fit, and the weatherstrip ring has to be removed from the truck's trim cover to make it fit (the shaft is larger /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif) I still have to finish mine up (wiring) but they worked when I tested them and the wiring is actually really easy.

9. eric22

eric22 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Eric22 do you want to trade? I have a pair of SS. And I havent smoked in 12 years so I wont have your problem..

[/ QUOTE ]

sure they dont work though, shoot me an email