Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

k, ill shae with EVERYBODY....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Seventy4Blazer, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

dang!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

i like it!

3. Seventy4Blazer

hey... didnt you responde to my OTHER post to... you can tdo that... dang green guys think they can do anything they want...
    he he, wait. for the most part they can....
    grant /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    hey... didnt you responde to my OTHER post to... you can tdo that... dang green guys think they can do anything they want...
    he he, wait. for the most part they can....

[/ QUOTE ]
    actually that was me that responded to your other post dang orange guys get it straight lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. Seventy4Blazer

he he, im gonna kill all the orange guys for ya. starting with myself i should be done by tomorrow...
    er wait. NO.
    yeah. i am a nut ya know.
    gimme a sawzall and a roll of duct tape. tiem to operate...
    grant /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

6. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

For all the time you've spent butchering it you could have built a new chassis.. it's not like the one you've got now is street legal anyway. To each his own I guess.

7. Seventy4Blazer

to each his own you are right. now for my fun words. lear your laws better. or shall i say OTHER STATES LAWS. they dont call it the lawless state of arizona for nothning. second hand it will be more of a trail rig than anything. but as stated before it is the lawless state of AZ. it is perfectly legal here. second hand it only took me aobout 5 hours total time to do all this. if you can build another frame in 5 hours build me one. i will pay for it.
    BUT i did ask for thoughts on the matter of me losing my mind witht the sawzall. ether way your tiny opinion has been noted.
    thanks
    grant

8. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    Grant,Looking Good my brother!!Not pay attention to the "snowbirds"!They just don't know what it would be like to run topless all year round and still not get wet!Love them fenders.You should see the looks I've been getting lately with half doors,no top/tailgate and no hood.Yeah that's right..."BUILT NOT BOUGHT!".And this is my daily driver!Your sawzall is your best friend.Mike

9. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

You asked what the forum thought. I told you what I thought. What you choose to do with my thoughts, or anyone else's, is your perogative.

You and your "eleet" grammar brought it to a flamefest.

You spent hours butchering a perfectly good core support and now you have no place to put any marker lights. I bet you eliminated the brakelight buckets also. You butchered a perfectly good pair of fenders when you could have used some flatstock to hook the top of the core support to the cab. Furthermore, it would have been stronger.

Honestly, by the time you get done you could have fabricated your own. Since you said it'd be primarily used on the trail you might as well.

You've got a long ways to go before I wouldn't be embarassed to drive it to the gas station. You know the kind of embarassment, the homey with his blacked-out Honda with "dubs" and a Folger's exhaust tip kind of embarassment.

I mean, I understand what you're doing. I'd just go about it in a different manner. I certainly would've chosen a different color scheme.

With the orange axle and yellow frame it's just itching to be put on www.beaterz.com

10. Seventy4Blazer

i am sorry if i hurt your feelings man. my "elite"(spell it right) gramar sometimes gets harsh.

trust me, those fenders were nowhere NEAR perfect. nor was the radiator support. both were rusted to he!! and back in areas that i removed. i agree flat stock would have been stronger. and i am going to add in some angle iron. as for the color scheeme, just wait. you wil like it. the yellow: ITS PRIMER. specificly it is non zinc cromate aircraft primer. but it is free and it is damn good stuff.
    so just keep in touch on the pictures. the frame will also be orange. i got about 3.5 cases of Search anr Rescue Orange(it might as well be chevy orange) for free. so i am going to put it to good use.

as for being embarrased to go to the gas station, if it would drive as it sits now, i would drive it. my daily driver used to be a 1975 datsun b210 painted like a cow with horns on the hood anda tail out the trunk. it ran 12's on the 1/4 with its 350 powerplant and 3 speed manual. lots of people knew about it and nobody wanted to play against it.
    so i dont have a problem driving thins that look odd. as long as I Like them thats all that maters.
    grant:))

11. Seventy4Blazer

mike, my sawzall is my frined, but if i had a welder it would be my BEST friend, along with a tubing bender and about 400 feet of tube... then i could have some fun.
    grant

12. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

i am sorry if i hurt your feelings man. my "elite"(spell it right) gramar sometimes gets harsh

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe he spelled it like that as a comment on your spelling.
    now this lil quote where you cannot spell grammar is really not that bright

lear your laws better

[/ QUOTE ] ???

13. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Hey Grant How much do you have into your K/5?I think that is were everyone is having the problem.If yours is like mine then this is a lo-budget thing(like got no $ but I got some tools!)."perfectly good fenders"??I saw your fenders before,you made an improvement on them!I like the way your truck is going,course I'm the same way.My wife would even look at my truck let alone drive it!I have an pipe bender and no welder,yet.So my sawzall is my best friend.Mike

14. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

I only saw one post stating they dont go for that thing.
    'everyone'?

15. Seventy4Blazer

ok, I see. I made a spelling error myself. most of the time I do not catch them before I post them. a lot of the time it is just me. I am horrible when it comes to English grammar. but I am not going to sit here an say "he he, your an idiot, you cant spell."(when the thing is I am just not one for things that are different.) DIFFERENT DOES NOT SCARE ME!!
    now, there have been several posts in various areas of this board as to quit bickering. MJ I believe you are/were one of these topics. had this stayed one person to another I would have continued it on. but I am going to call it to an end. call me a pu55y or whatever ya want. but I just don't see a reason. like both of us stated in previous posts, to each his own.
    grant

16. Seventy4Blazer

total cost i have about 2000.00 into it. from cost of rig to improvements and upgrades.THIS INCLUDES the 3 tranmissions i am at.
    thats why i am putting a 465 in it. cant keep a th350 in it. had the same problem with my chevelle... couldnt keep any trans in it...
    i have had my blazer for 5 years now, and i have not driven it for the past 20 months.
    i have another year or so of work to do on it. but should be driving it in the next 8 to 10 months.
    grant /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

17. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

I am more guilty then most of spelling and grammatical errors

you flaming him for it and misspelling the flame, you should be able to admit, is humourous

18. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Grant,I know someone here in Phx. that has an SM465 trans that wishes to go to an TH400.I don't know if you already have a trans lined up so I thought I'd put it out there.He wants an even swap.His truck has the hydro clutch,but an 208 T case.Let me know if you're interested.You really ned to get that "dog" on the trail!!You must be "jones'n" for some action.Mine was parked for 3 months and I was nuts.Mike

19. Seventy4Blazer

funny thing about the trans i got... i have never seen it.. but i got one.. and everything i need to do a manual conversion...
    never seen any of it...
    i have some of it in north AZ with FWP and some in south cali with Arq...
    some day we will all get together an trade the parts round...
    some day... we need a meeting place, an marv doesnt know it but for FWP an me his place is the half way point.... hey marv...
    grant

20. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

HELL YA, I like it and want to see some more pics as you progress, I envy you fuk everyone who dont like it the saying to Each his Own is true!!!Spelling doesn't matter to most of us because we aren't concerned about how our post's look but what we need to know or show. I think more people should read my matto "look down" good luck with your K5
    just my tiny opinion...LMAO good one! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif