Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K&N Gen II FIPK

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Lotsa_Faith, Dec 2, 2001.

1. Lotsa_Faith

Lotsa_Faith 1/2 ton status

yesterday i helped my friend and I installed it on his '00 z71....this think is AWESOME....after we installed, we went out to test it, and tryin to get a 0-60 time he couldn't keep from breakin the tires loose on the takeoff...now it accellerates faster but it only goes up to 3500 rpm when before it went to 5000...for anyone who'se thinkin about gettin one GET IT...

anyone here have one? whattaya think about it?

Mike Dee

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

A K&N what....???? Could you rewrite that in english for us dummies, please[​IMG]?

<font color=blue> NEVER FORGET, NEVER FORGIVE, NEVER SURRENDER<font color=blue>

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Fuel injection performance kit=FIPK

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

For a Blazer I would rather use K&amp;Ns X-STREAM flow top. They flow better and they come with a Pre filter to catch all the mud dust and big stuff.
    A buddy of mine is running the X-Stream flow top on his open road racer Mustang. It works VERY well. I'm putting one on my K5 soon.
    Heres a link for more info:<a target="_blank" href=http://www.knfilters.com/X-stream.htm>K&amp;N X-Stream</a>

The main thing I have against the FIPK is the filter area is so small and they get dirty faster when you use them offroad a lot. When its dusty you have to clean them all the time. But they do work good on the pavement or light duty 4 wheeling. Gitting rid of that stock POS air box adds a good ammount of air flow.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze</a>
    <font color=blue>NEVADA: Where the pavement ends, and the West begins.</font color=blue>

5. Lotsa_Faith

Lotsa_Faith 1/2 ton status

yea well as of right now my friend has used his X-case 4 times, 3 were in snow on the road and 1 in a dirttrack race parking lot...so....but yesterday we took off his dad's nerf bars and bedrails so its a lil' more off road worthy now, so he SAYS now we'll do some muddin....but i dunno....yea when we started his truck after we installed it, the first start it wouldn't idle, it would rev up, but not idle...but the second time it was fine....then onl sunday after drivin it for a while it was sittin for 30 mins., then it did the same thing on the first start....anyone got any ideas?

Mike Dee