Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K&N on my 96 K3500

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by Seventy4Blazer, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

every rig i have had has had a K&N filter. im wondering if the cold air setup K&N offers for around 250 bones is worth it. 454 is a gs pig and i wondered if it would be worth it in the long run?

this one FIPK

grant

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I know on my 95 with TBi 350 the PO put one on to improve gas mileage, didn't do anything but make the truck louder. It looked a lot nicer than the stock setup.

3. Seventy4Blazer

hmmm, now im wondering if i should do it. i already think the truck is to loud for a DD....
    think ill look into putting the money into the ignition system then for now.
    Grant

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

probably a better choice. It just creates interior noise, since it usually eliminates all the factory sound deadening stuff. I liked it at first, then I put a straight pipe(no cat) and flowmaster on my 95 and wow was that too loud for a daily driver. I loved it and everyone looked as well as lots of compliments but the truck was too slow and attracted the attention of too many cops. One thought I had intentionally revved it up at her, when really I just backed out of a parking spot and tapped the gas up to like 800RPMs backing out haha. Once I installed a cat it was too my liking, took the biggest loud parts out but kept the sound and a lot of the noise. I like people to hear me coming /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

id do an exhuast, thats always one of the first thing i like to do to a truck is a nice exhuast system..

6. Seventy4Blazer

how does 3 inch duals with dual cats and a 70 series mufler twin in twin out sound?
    oh, i say it sounds good, but to loud down the highway. im going to replace the single mufler with two flowmasters and a crossover up front.

but that will be a year or two down the road with the supercharger and rebuild.

i will however do MSD wires and coil to see if that helps a bit on the power. i know it did on my blazer.... when it was running... a long time ago...
    Grant