Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K10 Burb add-leafs?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by eclipse, Apr 6, 2006.

1. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

I just bought an 89 burb and it sits low in the rear and I'm thinking about putting add-leafs in the rear. How much add leaf, don't they make them in 1" or 2"? I dont think it needs much, maybe enough to make it level.

[​IMG]

oh and btw, anyone agree with me that the running boards and bugshield gotta go?

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Running boards gotta go, and the paint doesn't look good enough to try and keep the hodd from getting chipped. :)

I put a 2" add a leaf in the rear of my K5, and it is jsut a HAIR taller in the rear than the front. Almost imperceptible. With more rear weight, I'd expect similar results in the Suburban, if not very close to flat.

Pretty hard to tell how your individual vehicle is going to respond though.

3. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

yes, what he said. I put a set of add-a-leafs in an 87 i had. it had "saggy spring" syndrome. put it up 1 1/2. a little stiff when empty, but rode ok when loaded for camp!