Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K10 Wilderness?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FarmRig, Jun 5, 2006.

1. FarmRig

FarmRig Guest

Has anyone heard of this? There is one in my local junk yard has a big rear spring pack 3 leafs in the front and wilderness down the box on each side. Ive looked all over google i cant find anything about this. I was wondering if it had any skid plates on it i could use for my k10. Thank you guys.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

It sounds like a "dealer" special thing. I've never heard of it before, you should take some pics, maybe the RPO tag too if it's there.

The running gear, unless changed (very unlikely by a dealer, after the 60's) is going to be the same as any other K10 the same year.

3. FarmRig

FarmRig Guest

Sorry, whats the RPO tag? Ill try and grab some pics next time i go and see it. Thank you dyegar535.

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

RPO tag is to my knowledge only either blue/white, or white, and has a listing of all the items/options/etc. (RPO's) that were installed on the vehicle when manufactured. Either glued down in the glove box or inside the engine bay on an inner fender, if a previous owner didn't pull it off. :(

Early ones listed the code AND a short description, later they went with just the code, but not sure when that was. A typical code for a truck would be "G80" (sometimes a fourth digit before the 3 digits that is the actual code) which is a locking differential, or gov-lock. Early you'd see "locking diff" after the code (or similar) later there will just be the code itself.

Things such as Silverado trim packages will be listed, tow packages, plow package, quad shocks, etc.

5. FarmRig

FarmRig Guest

Thank you very much, ill be sure to grab pictures. Thanks

6. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

just an fyi. my 86 crew cab, has a listing after the rpo number, its cool because it lists the number then says, "big dooley" and I think my 87 blazer has a description of the rpo. And I know for sure my old 91 camaro did NOT have a description after the code. Minor information I know but in case anyone cared there it is.