Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K10 with 4"/33s to 7"/35s?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by eclipse, Jul 13, 2006.

1. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

My 33s on my K10 are going bald and I'm being shopping for new tires and I've been thinking about getting 35s instead. I recently had the truck regeared to 4.10 from 3.08, so I have plently of rpms now with the 33s. And if I go with 35s, I was thinking about putting a 3" body lift in it. 4" and 33s just doesn't seem like a lifted truck with all the new stock pickups are taller. I'm thinking of going with a 6lug 14sf down the road to replace my 10bolt, I've heard they are a little sturder. I've been leaning away from swapping in 8 lug 3/4ton, I like the option of being able to run my factory rally wheels.
    [​IMG]
    Recommendations for light offroading aggressive looking daily driver 35s? I have been running Wild Country RVT Tracs for the last few years. I liked them, but they wore out too fast and I'm looking for something cheaper than Les Schwab.

2. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

what bout SSR's? a buddy has been running 35" SSR's on his heep cherokee and they do real well. id also say mtr's but you said cheap haha. or try the interco truxus mt, it looks like it would be decent

3. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

I've heard for a swamper they ride nice, but what about mileage and price... damn. I was planning on getting 33x13.50x15s Toyo MTs for $946 out the door at Schwab tell I started thinking about 35s and I'd want to go cheaper

4. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

:eek1: wow $$$. a friend jus ordered the 33x12.50 truxus MT's for $600. i payed $1033 for my 40's. i think you can find cheaper prices else where.

5. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

I've been looked at tirerack.com and that seems alot cheaper than schwab. I just have credit there.

6. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Why don't you just be patient and wait for Interco Blems to pop up on their site?

I have a buddy who runs Trxus MT's on his Stupid Duty DD and he loves them. They wear nicely, ride nicely and have performed very well for a dd tire when he takes it to Pismo.

-Avery

7. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have that exact setup on my truck. 4in suspention and 3in body.

Car Pictures 007.jpg

I run 35x12.5 R15 BFG All Terrain Radials. They are great for a DD

Car Pictures 007.jpg