Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

k20 camber ajustment

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fordslayer383, Oct 4, 2005.

what are the ways to properly ajust camber?
    alos should the camber be slightly positive on these trucks?
    thanks for any help

1. thedrip

thedrip 1/2 ton status

There really isn't a built in method for camber adjustment, and it shouldn't need it either. If you have visible negative camber, your balljoints are shot, or an axle tube is bent. If for some reason you want to adjust camber, a couple of companies make angled shims that go between the knuckle and the spindle. Its really the only way.

2. the tires tilt slightly outward at the top

3. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Like the other guy said, there is no factory adjustment, if your ball joints are good, your axle is bent if your camber is out. However, you do have two options. Get the 'adjustable' sleeve insert for the top balljoint, but I've never seen this used sucessfully, the other is a shim that bolts between the spindle and knuckle, it's calibrated, so you need to know ahead of time where your camber is at so you know exactly how to install the shim ([Click here , k20 usally is same axle as k10 with bigger spindle, but spindle to knuckle is same) .

4. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

mine was like that for quite awhile, kept wearing the outside edges of the tires down real fast, i just out of curiosity tried something, i adjusted the tie rod out a couple of turns, this helped. and hasn't worn out the tires yet either.

tie rod, the long bar from wheel to wheel ? :dunno:

5. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

You adjusted the toe, which can also wear the outside or inside of your tires depending on how it's adjusted.