Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K20 D44 spicer hub assembly question - any gurus out there?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by AussieK5, Jun 16, 2002.

1. AussieK5

AussieK5 1/2 ton status

Theres a cup washer that fits between the outer bearing and the hubs spring. Which way does it sit?

1.Should the lip turn out to the spring (and then will sit flush on the bearing)

2.Or should it face inwards (and rest on the bearing cup edge leaving the spring to sit on its backside).

Ive run it both ways to check wear but my experiment was stuffed due to an un-related operator induced mechanical %^&* up. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

2. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

some drawings will show it facing inwards but I install them facing out.. it really doesnt matter.. I prefer it to cup the spring that sits right there.. there is nothing to be protected behind it. I have seen them both ways with absolutely no ill effects either way.

mike

3. AussieK5

AussieK5 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the advice Mike...I can now go get busy in the garage! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Do you have a pic or link to a pic of the full time drive flange assemblies. I found some at the wreckers for emergency use but I don't have any cupped washer. All that was there were the spring, drive flanges, then the cover.

5. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

I scanned these in just now:

Part-time D44 and Full-time D44

Theres also one for D60 but I wasnt feeling that generous /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

hope they help... you can see #9 & 16 which they refer to as the pressure plate.. the cup is pointing in.. I think thats bogus /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

I left em real high resolution, hope you like em

mike