Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K20 FUEL GUAGE WIRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by AzzKicker, Feb 1, 2003.

1. AzzKicker

AzzKicker 1/2 ton status

My truck came factory with 1 tank. The PO installed a 2nd tank with a switch. Today I go pissed and removed the switch, cut the wires out and removed everything. WHAT A DUMB MISTAKE. My truck stays on etc. But my FUEL GUAGE is at the 3 o'clock position. My question is How is the fuel guage routed. The wire from the tank connects to what?

My guage is teh factory type that connects via 3 bolts into the cluster pannel. I take it one is for ground, the other power, and the other goes to Gas Tank.

Am I correct?

2. AzzKicker

AzzKicker 1/2 ton status

ANYBODY /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Do a search for posts in the last two weeks by me with the words "wiring diagram". MJ has posted the '85 wiring diagrams there, the dual tank setup SHOULD be present.

With a dual tank setup, the "valve" on the frame is what controls most everything, the wires from the sending units run to it, so when you hit the switch, the gauge is reading the correct tank.

4. AzzKicker

AzzKicker 1/2 ton status

I figured it out /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif thanks though.