Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K30 Suspension ?'s (PICS)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by IronMan, Aug 3, 2003.

1. IronMan

IronMan 1/2 ton status

K30 Suspension ?\'s (PICS)

Ok, I put the bed and cab back on my 83' K30. The rear came out wrong, its too high! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Its the stock springs with a ORD shackle flip and a two inch block. The front is six inch tuff country springs with ORD shackles. That should be six inches front and rear, right? But the rear is a little higher than the front, with no powertrain in it. I could imagine if it had a engine and tranny in it. Should I take out the rear block? The 37's should have been stuffed in the fenders, it looks like I could run 40's as it is! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Re: K30 Suspension ?\'s (PICS)

I'd wait till all the drive train is in then adjust accordingly. Hate to do stuff twice. just my .02

3. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

6" lift makes those 37"s look small. Im sure it would sit lower in the front with a power train, But otherwise doesn't look to high.
    cheers

4. Aquaman

Aquaman 1/2 ton status

Remove the blocks, if you need to. But wait until you get everything in first. I think that the front will be even lower w/ the motor in, and the trans/t-case will be pretty much center, so that's not going to put more weight toward the rear.

I have 6" lift front and rear, and my rear is pretty high up there. But I also have a big block in front, and no bed. I did mine differently. I have a shackle flip, and a 2" lowering shackle. I also have some softrides in front that I got from backyardbuilt.

BTW... sweet rig dude! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. IronMan

IronMan 1/2 ton status

Thats what I meant, the front will sag more with the powertrain in it. But the rear won't be affected really. Those tires should be tight in there, not that much space. I will measure it and see how much space there really is. The top of the bed rail is almost 6 feet high. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

6. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The top of the bed rail is almost 6 feet high. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you mean 5 feet or that guy in the pic is like 7 foot something..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. IronMan

IronMan 1/2 ton status

he 6' 5"