Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K30 tailgate lights and harness

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by thatK30guy, Sep 25, 2006.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

My '85 K30 has a busted light from the overhead door slamming on it. The other 4 are still good. Just need one.
    If you have a complete wire harness that fits inside the tailgate in good condition, let me know a price, too. Mine has some bad connections behind 2 or 3 lights and I dont want to fish them out to crimp new ends on. Just want to replace with better wiring than whats in it now.

But for now, I need one red light and black plastic lense holder-thingie to fit back on in place of the broken one.

If you have a set of five lights in good condition and want to get rid of them, let me know also.

2. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Hey Wes, I was in a truck stop in Hutch the other day and saw some lights that looked just like what your talking about. Caught my eye cause I need a couple replacements.

May check the local spots, just look out for the lot lizards!

3. thatK30guy

Bruce, I got your shaft to your folks house Sunday. Have you talked to your dad yet? I mentioned the old '60-something truck sitting by the trees and asked for a price. He said he never thought about that but would now. I told him to get ahold of you whenever he came up with a figure. I've seen that truck sitting there for years. Never forgot that thing and now was surprised this whole time I had a connection to it thru you.

I found some brand new lights to fit on the tailgate from Car Quest but the black plastic hold down is chrome instead. The lense looks the same but the hold down is wrong color. And no, I don't want to replace mine for 5 new chrome pieces either.
    I've been looking all over town for some lights but no luck yet. I'm not looking at the ones that are on operable trucks either. :haha:

4. Jimbo*

Jimbo* 1/2 ton status

Wes, I just acquired an 86 K30 which is going to get a flatbed, the tailgate is bent, but I think the lights and harness are complete. I'll check and let you know.
    Jimbo

5. thatK30guy

Thanks Jim! You seem to come thru for me all the time! :bow: :waytogo:

6. Jimbo*

Jimbo* 1/2 ton status

Wes, the lights and harness are off and ready to box up. Not perfect, but better than average. Send me your address, again.
    Jimbo

7. thatK30guy

Sending PM...