Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K5= 2 fwd econ boxes=0

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 99firehawk, Jan 31, 2004.

1. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

The other day we had a pretty good ice/snow storm here. Im on my way to work and pull out of the subdivision and about 100 ft from the corner is a saturn in a snow bank. Being the good samariton that I am I pulled over and asked the young female driver if she needed a hand. She said yes so I hooked up the strap and gently tugged her out. She thanked me and I contiued on my way. A few miles down the road I coem around a corner and about 15 feet off the road I see the ass end of another saturn. Down in the ditch. So I pulled over and guy in his late 20s was in the car, asked if he was ok he said yeah but im kind of stuck. So i jumped back in the k5 did a 180 on the shoulder and got in position to pull him out. I hooked up the strap and shifted to 4low and just idled foward and the saturn just popped out of the ditch. The guy was real apreciative and tried to write me a check but I wouldnt let him, I just told him to be carefull and have a nice day.

Now as much as I complain about my k5 which is a money pit and sucks up alot (who am I kidding all) of my free time, its these snowy/icy days where I can go anywhere I want without problems, and yank out all the poor bastards that get stuck that make my k5 worth it.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I want to work on my burb a little bit and just get it setup so I can drive around and pull people out for tips. I really like driving in "bad" weather, I don't drive like an idiot just cruise around and its so nice to not see other cars around, or when you do see how much trouble they are having.

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

haha yeap, thats what me and my dad used to do in his truck when i was little, i think thats what got me into them to begin with..

4. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

I hear ya man i'm pretty sure thats what did it for me too. I love pullin people out of the snow and they just think your the bestest person for stoping and helping and not taking there money. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Lately, we got like 4" of snow and alot of drifting so I've been pushing/digging people out. I really wish I had bought a tow strap! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    its these snowy/icy days where I can go anywhere I want without problems, and yank out all the poor bastards that get stuck that make my k5 worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to disparage the K5's, but stupid drivers are the problem, not the cars they drive. You see plenty of 4wd owners in the ditch because they think they can drive better than they actually can. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    its these snowy/icy days where I can go anywhere I want without problems, and yank out all the poor bastards that get stuck that make my k5 worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to disparage the K5's, but stupid drivers are the problem, not the cars they drive. You see plenty of 4wd owners in the ditch because they think they can drive better than they actually can. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Are you trying to say that 4 wheel drive doesnt make you drive above the snow and ice, That even with 4x4 you can lose control. Everybody knows that weather and road conditions dont affect the control of aa 4x4.

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif