Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K5 and the Baja 1000

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bajaviking, Nov 11, 2003.

1. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

My friend(73 K5) and I has just been invited to be part of a pit crew in the Baja 1000 which will take place 11/21 through 11/23. This is for a group called Baja Pits, they need to set up 10 Pits and one is in an area that is hard to access so they asked if we could help them get there, they will pay our food and gas. This is too cool, never thought of my K5 as a support crew for desert racers, just wanted to share this with some one. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

That's sweet for sure man /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Getting paid food and gas to go wheeling at a baja 1000! I'm jealous /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    My friend(73 K5) and I has just been invited to be part of a pit crew in the Baja 1000 which will take place 11/21 through 11/23. This is for a group called Baja Pits, they need to set up 10 Pits and one is in an area that is hard to access so they asked if we could help them get there, they will pay our food and gas. This is too cool, never thought of my K5 as a support crew for desert racers, just wanted to share this with some one. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, they were running full page ads in the Dusty Times asking for help this year, of course when I told the wife she blabbered something about being gone all summer to the races and she's going if I'm going and blah blah blah.

And all the talk about going down this year went nowhere, so I'll be stuck at home doing more webwheeling, so I guess when I finally back down, it will be as a racer..............................

Have fun and TAKE PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

sweet man sound like fun /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Used to...(moved to colorado) take my chalet out on course and run a checkpoint every month for Whiplash Motorsports in arizona...miss those days. Last race was 2002 in jan...parker 400/200km.

DW

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Used to...(moved to colorado) take my chalet out on course and run a checkpoint every month for Whiplash Motorsports in arizona...miss those days. Last race was 2002 in jan...parker 400/200km.

DW

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to the 2001 Parker race, it was a blast. Now BITD has Parker and Whiplash is having some internal problems. Hope they get them worked out.

7. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

SWEET! FREE GAS FOOD AND RACING /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

I will leave on 11/20 and will be back 11/23, I will post some pics when I get back. I feel like a little kid before Christmas. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif