Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K5 Blazer as A Street Racer????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cannibal, Oct 29, 2003.

1. cannibal

cannibal Registered Member

hey all,

just wanted to start a nu' post, have anyone ever thought of building a K5 as a street racer, i mean, no lifts or big tires, lower the truck, to think about speed and Horse power more??? just an idea, not mine though!??! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

I think they're just too frickin heavy and you'd want to get a 2wd one if you were going to do it.

3. cannibal

cannibal Registered Member

well, i know that, but u know what?? im so pissed from a few ppl around my place, some guy has a GMC tahoe witha super charger and lowered suspention, he is an idiot, i hate to this whith these cars, want something fast, get a ferrari, not a blazer, i think they r pure posers /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. Nitrodrip350

Nitrodrip350 1/2 ton status

Want a Fast Blazer .... hmmmm a <font color="red">TYPHOON </font> a brewin! (Yes I know this is a Syclone but I like this shot better /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif)

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Typhoon and Syclone Info

Shane-

5. badassblazer03

badassblazer03 Registered Member

If you lower a truck you might as well put a honda sticker on it cause thats what you made it. Throw a one ton drivetrain in it and put a 572 in it, I'd like to see a honda follow that (in a straight line) /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

that actually sounds kindof cool but not in a k5. that would b a waste of a great truck.

7. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

if you mean newer style like the Xtreme blazers the GMPP special vehicle team has some stuff like that done. Its in one of my hot rod mags really cool looking trucks lowered with corvette engines and 6 spd trannys. But the killer is the cool side 2 reg. cab reg. bed All wheel drive 680 hp and 600 something tq Full size pickup truck. Badass. and an all wheel drive C5 vette.

8. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Then wouldn't it be a K5 Vette? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I got the jones to build a lowered 2wd 70-75 bad. Drop a LT1 or LS1 in it. Tighten up the suspension to make it handle. Take it to the stip and hand ricers their A$$.

10. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Oh no! Must not think about it, must not think about it.
    -Harrison

11. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I have a chance to buy a lowered 70 2wd Blazer in fairly good condition for $4,000. Dad's trying to talk me into it. I dunno, if I could sell the C10 I might think about it. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

12. mr_fujisawa

mr_fujisawa 1/2 ton status

there's about four or five of those things in the city here. every time i see one i think to myself, "you poor thing, look what those mean people did to you."

13. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

if you whant a good sleeper truck that is chaep and fairly easy to work whith get an old chevy luv 2wd, drop in a 350 whith a 9" out back and a th350 whith a shift kit and good stall and your in the 12s effortlessly. Im hoping to do this soon.

14. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Hey, if they came from the factory that way no harm done! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

Theres a guy on ls1tech.com with a 2000 (I think) chevy 1/2 ton 4x4, has it running low 11s luanching in 4 hi.
    And I had the lower the k5 put a monster motor in it and go racing thought once to, then I went out and ran over something.

16. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a chance to buy a lowered 70 2wd Blazer in fairly good condition for $4,000. Dad's trying to talk me into it. I dunno, if I could sell the C10 I might think about it. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

69-72 have control arms, track bar and coil springs like a stock car. Ride good and you ca make them handle.

17. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

VERY nice!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

18. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

My buddy has an 84 2wd K5 with a 89-91 front clip, Lowered like 2.5" to 3" with 18" wheels in the back and 17's in the front..ZZ350, 12-bolt rear end with 4.11's and Eaton Posi...Black with Ghost flames...looks SICK

I must say it moves pretty well...K5's are heavy! So you need a lot of power to make em go fast...I think a 2wd K5 with a built 496, aluminum heads, MPFI, th400, Moser 12-bolt...It would SCREAM

Chris

19. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

I have a pic of a sweet '72, two wheel drive. It was lowered and the door handles and mirrors were shaved. It looked nice without the roof. I usually think they look kind of dorky lowered, but this one looked good. I still have a pic some where. I'll see if I can find it when I get home.

20. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I think it would be cool. I have been thinking it would be sick to build a 2wd p/u, late 60's model with a big block and a super charger. If nothing else it would be fun just to cruise town with a super charger /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif