Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K5 Blazer mirrors

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jfleming, Jan 25, 2006.

1. jfleming

jfleming Newbie

Does anyone know how to adjust the K5 blazer mirrors so that when you shut the door the mirrors dont loose the adjustment? Usually you have to fight the opposite.....they normally rust in place and you cant adjut them...

thanks in advance

Justin

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

On the bottom of the mirror mount cover there is a torx screw. Remove it and the cover will slide upwards. You will then see the tensioning bolts. They are teh two in the middle. When you tighten them they put more clamping force on the mirror shaft.

3. rwright07

rwright07 1/2 ton status

will that work on a '76 as well?

4. Cornfield creations

Cornfield creations 1/2 ton status

On a 76? I am guessing you have the small mirrors. If so, there's no way of tightening them that I know of. I have the same problem, unless you mean the mirror is loose on the mount instead of the ball pivot. Then you just have to take the mirro off with the phillips head screw, and bend the tab, i think forward, hook the tab in the mirror and tighten the screw tight. If it's the ball pivot loose then I think it's time to get new ones. On my 76 I gave up, don't wanna spend the extra $35 for mirrors from LMC.

If they are the bigger mirrors with a tripod mount, I am unsure, I have never really heard of them getting loose. Someone may chime in with some info.

5. rwright07

rwright07 1/2 ton status

i think they are aftermarket, they have the trangle shape base part and the large rectangular mirrors.