Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

k5 club in az?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by blazenwhip, Apr 30, 2005.

1. blazenwhip

blazenwhip 1/2 ton status

Is there a k5 club in az? Or can anyone recomend a club in az where there are more k5's than thoes damm jeeps?

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

There is no "club" but there is a alot of use on here that get together alot and go four wheeling. It is not an organized club just a bunch of guys that tend to wheel together alot.

We all basically hang out on here and use this place to organize runs and BS.

Harley

3. blazenwhip

thanks. if u can, let me know the next time a trip is set up.

"northern mexico" I had to think about that for a second, then it hit me. Very funny! Isn't that the truth!

4. Hossbaby50

What are the specs on your truck? Most of the time runs get posted up in this forum so you will see it when they happen.

Harley

5. blazenwhip

88 blazer, 4" lift, 35"s, limited slip, everything else is pretty much stock.

6. Hossbaby50

Are you looking to rock crawl or trail ride? There are guys for every catagory on here. Most of us are rockcrawlers but there are trail riders too. The summer is coming so night runs are about the only thing that will be happening once the heat gets here.

Harley

7. blazenwhip

I think the way my truck is set up all I really can do is trail ride. I do want to eventually be able to "rock crawl." I need to upgrade axles and lock'em up first.

8. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Ha. Lock'em up my butt. :crazy: We're slowly but working our way towards locked differentials and what not but to go out and get a taste you don't need all the bells and whistles. We don't have any of the fancy toys yet but I'm constantly amazed at what Wimpy can get into and out of.

Come out on a run or maybe even to this camping thing Jenn and I are tryin to spearhead and let's see what can be done on a moderate trail.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Oh and good to see another crazy person like we are. :)

9. NEVERENOUGH

NEVERENOUGH Registered Member

What camping thing? When and where is it? Hope to be taking the engine to the machine shop on Monday and hopefully getting it back together in the next few weeks. We love to camp and might be a good way to meet some new people.

10. blazenwhip

Don't get me wrong. I've done a lot of wheel'n with what I've got and have done well on trails "they" say you need lockers for. I guess my idea of rock crawling is the real serious stuff like. . .Raw Deal and Preditor?

I just got new 35 bfg mud terrains. I'm looking to break them in. I've always had all terrains.

11. Hossbaby50

Lower Raw Deal is a cake walk. Trucks with open diffs and 33's can make it with very little if any problems. Upper Raw Deal is harder. To make the waterfall at the end you need 1 locker minimum and 33-35" tires. It is a place where body damage is quite possible though so straight trucks usually avoid it.

Lower and Upper Terminator are easier then Predator. 1 locker trucks and maybe open trucks can make Lower and Upper Terminator. It would be a long day but it could be done I think. Body damage is possible but not a guarantee depending on the lines chosen.

Predator is a minimum 1 locker trail w/35's or better. Body damage is very likely especially if you don't have good armor protection.

Harley

12. justhorsinaround

Don't know about Lower Terminator (looked kinda hairy :crazy: ) but we did Upper with open diffs with 33s and we only needed one tug because the shifter wasn't lettin it stay in low lock.

Oh and Neverenough, there's another thread that we put up in Rocky Mountain that is specifically designed by your's truly that expounds upon the possiblities and options of a camping expedition. :haha:

13. Hossbaby50

Allan,

Me, Matt, and Fred went out last trip and ran Upper Terminator and Predator. He said his GPS was messed up and you and Fred didn't actually run Upper Terminator. You guys actually ran part of Upper Terminator and part of Judgement Day.

We got done with Upper Terminator and Fred told us that he F'ed up and turned left last time instead of turning right into a side wash for Upper Terminator.

Harley

14. justhorsinaround

Okey dokey. So, anywho's what we ran was still pretty cool seein as the mini falls that we were able to get up didn't look like we could overcome. Might even be easier now that we have what seems like reliable low lock. :crazy:

Hey Fred. Do you remember when we left Terminator and hopped on Judgement Day?

Psst Fred. Hey. Psst Fred. Tell everybody that we ran the really hard stuff then went on to Judgement Day. Shhhhhhh. Lets keep this just between us. Ko? Shhh.

Last edited: May 2, 2005
  15. Hossbaby50

There is a wide spot in the big sandy wash with a Y junction. The left is the way he said y'all went and the right is the way me, matt, and Fred went.

He said that the one we went on was Upper Term, and the one you went on was part of Judgement Day. How knows though. He may still be confused. :D

Harley

16. justhorsinaround

Well, as Jenn will readily tell you I'm confused 70% of the time. The rest I'm asleep.

17. FWP

FWP CRS

Yes I'm still confused :laugh: I don't care what it's called, as long as the rocks are big :)

18. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

It was a fun trail. I think allan could do both just fine now that lo-loc is under control.

19. justhorsinaround

Psssssssst. Shhhhhhhhhh. Damnit Fred! You were supposed to tell everyone that we did all the tough stuff. Blimey! One simple task. That's all I ask. Shhhhhhh. It's all right. Ko here's your chance. Shhh.

20. FWP

FWP CRS

You crack me up dude :haha: