Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

k5 concept? anyone see this?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tecton, Apr 6, 2003.

1. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

2. DukeBoy88

DukeBoy88 1/2 ton status

I like the doors, like the engine. looks like an amigo from the back though.

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

What's wrong with an Amigo? They're like a Blazer-ito ... high horse, short wheelbase, and they FIT places the Blazers don't /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've used my 'migo to pull the Blazer out of the mud /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(NB: I do have two Blazers and a Burb too, so I'm biased on the full-size side)

4. Panther212

Panther212 Registered Member

That looks much too tame... just my .02

5. ChevyTrucker

ChevyTrucker Registered Member

This concept is not quite so new. I've seen this truck in person 2 years ago at the NYC Auto Show at the Javits Conventiion Center. From what I saw and read..This truck is something that was long over do(M.P.O) It looks and feels like a K5. The body lines are refined so it does not look as wide or as long as the 2nd Gen's. I have some pics on my home PC I would happy to share with all of you If you'll like to see more pics. These new trucks will sell like hot cakes when GM starts production. This I am very certain about ! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. TxK5Blazer

TxK5Blazer 1/2 ton status

I would love to see more pics of this if you have them email them to firetaz@felpsis.net thanks...Jason /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

uhh I may be missing something but isn't there a link to pictures of it in the News section of the main page of Coloradok5? you know here? Has been for a long time. Hmm well there used ot be. looks like it got pushed away with the new news.

8. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

it looks alright, but it looks to much like the avalanche..the plastic in the back n stuff..i like the tires/rims and the 2 extra doors in the back..that would be cool.. plus the engine, nice! i still like mine..maybe if it had a 4 inch lift it would be better!

9. K5thatShmobs

K5thatShmobs 1/2 ton status

yeah thats the concept GM released almost 2 years ago in 2001. If a K5 is produced, it will look much different and likely have the new hideous front clip that the new chevys are sporting. Too bad. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    yeah thats the concept GM released almost 2 years ago in 2001. If a K5 is produced, it will look much different and likely have the new hideous front clip that the new chevys are sporting. Too bad. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ] aka the real k5s are dead, well their production is dead I don't believe we will ever see a real one produced again.

11. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Yep, this post comes up every 6 months or so. I hope it doesn't go into production because it gives real K5's a bad name, just look at the new Impala's or Malibu's...it's a damn shame...

12. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

seen it a million times...

13. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

" I hope it doesn't go into production because it gives real K5's a bad name, just look at the new Impala's or Malibu's...it's a damn shame... "

I agree 100%, they would turn it into a sissy SUV and God knows we already have plenty of those. I spent 2 hours yesterday pulling 2 brand new $40,000 dlls. 4X4 doublecab Chevy trucks out of the local sand dunes. One got stuck when his front IFS diff. broke, the other one got stuck trying to pull him out. K5's rule, nothing beats these old warriors.

14. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

I almost forgot about it. It's kind of like the SSR, only the SSR is being built. Nothing spectacular.

Well, not yet. My Dad says they're going to start production pretty soon as long as the cars pass that went to the proving grounds.