Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K5 Diesel Sound System

Discussion in 'Audio' started by cvblazer, Apr 6, 2002.

1. cvblazer

cvblazer Registered Member

I have an 84' 6.2 Diesel. I was wondering what kinda subs i should get to overpower the noise of the engine. Right now i have in it an Aiwa MP3/CD console, 2 Kenwood, 6x9 for the fron and 2 Pioneer compression horn 6x9's for the back in boxes. I was gonna buy some subs a little while ago instead of the pioneers, but the person said that the diesel engine would drown out the subs. So im asking what would be the minimal amount of sub power (size, power, and how many) would be worth while to get?!?!

2. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

I have same problem.I can't even listen to radio when driving on highway.
    Instead of building overkill soundsystem,I'm gonna cover floor,wheelwells and bedsides with Dynamat or similar stuff.
    I noticed that most of the noise is coming from the rear of the truck.Maybe I also seal tailgate better.

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i think it would also help if you bought an amp that could power the 6x9's to their RMS, so if they are all 180 MAX and 90RMS get an amp that does 90x4 rms. I have one installed that does 100x4 RMS in my truck and my speakers are 75 RMS and i'm sure it would dround out your engine or exhaust noise

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'd recomened dynomat first of all. I know, it's alot of work pulling the seats, carpet, ...ect. But the dynomat will kill the noise and you'll hear your music, not your motor.

5. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

Definetly the way to go.
    I much rather see the trouble of pulling out the interior,than kill my hearing instead of noise.