Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K5 for my brother!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dannyd, Jan 15, 2002.

1. dannyd

dannyd Registered Member

Going today w/ my brother to look at a '87 K5 for him. I can't to see it.
    It's going to be sooo cool to have 2 k5's in the family. Wheelin', working on our trucks together...I think I'm going to piss myself.

This thing is clean too! I'll let you all know how it turns out. For all the
    So Cal Big Dawg buds out there, I think we have a new member! You guys remember me, the one w/ the completely stock K5, Dan. Maybe we can both make it to Ocotillo Wells for the Feb meeting!

2. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

That's awesome Dan! Hope he gets it and it's a nice truck! Hopefully we'll see you both out there at MDA in a few weeks!!

Keith

3. dannyd

dannyd Registered Member

Well, he got it. $4800 for an '87 silvy!! The guy's son owns a body shop, so he had him repaint it. The thing looks so straight and perfect! 35k on the engine, 3 yrs on the rebuilt tranny. 3.73 gears, original factory locking diff, silverado - full power. The interior is ratty and will need to be redone, as well as new tires needed. But the mechanicals seem perfect. Engine runs as smooth as mine. Probably need $1500 invested. Not bad at all. I think I'm jealous! No, I'm glad I found it for him. I'm really stoked for him. Now I've got a brother to work on Blazers with.

-Dan

4. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Chalk up another K5 brother !

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> BOW CHICKA BOW WOW !

5. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

hehe, i did the same for my brother xcept that i got him a 73(second gen). little rust, stock but with ready air. has a lot of potential.

ARQ.

offroad baja!!!
    72 4x4 CST Blazer
    71 4x4 CST Blazer
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/ArqDennis>My Pics</a>

6. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

How in the heck could you be jealous???????? Your truck is one of the cleanest.....no.....let me change that.....THE cleanest i've seen. AND YOUR JEALOUS???[​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=blue>It's easier to teach a child than to fix an adult.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/geltyone>Webshots Pics.</a>

7. dannyd

dannyd Registered Member

Man, I'm not jealous. I guess I was just trying to make the point that his truck looks really nice. I'm actually really stoked for him. You guys will see it soon. I actually can't wait to work with him to fix it up. You guys will really like his....

-Dan