Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K5 for sale near me, nice shape, $1500

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Jan 7, 2005.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

May 8, 2001
    He is in Westbury, NY, about 20 miles from NYC, and probably about 15-20 miles from me.

I've been having email and phone conversations with him for a week or two, nice guy, driving a 'burb as a daily driver so he's looking for something more economical.
    He thinks it's a bad head gasket, but there may be something else, like a warped head. Also needs brakes, he said calipers, but I think he may have meant pads. I've never seen two calipers go bad simultaneously...not that it couldn't happen.

I was going to trade him my Supercharged Buick for it, but turns out I need the cash for the Buick and a non-daily drivable K5 would be a dumb acquisition for me at this point in my house and cash status. The truck would have to sit above moist dirt til the spring when I can swap the head or motor, and I'm having the yard re-graded, so it would probably just sink...

I've seen pictures, it looks like an 89-91 grille, but he said '88 in the ad. I'm guessing it's an actually '89, though. It's very very sweet *looking*.

If anyone seriously wants me to go check it out for them, or wants his phone number/email address, let me know. Don't ask on a whim, it's a b!tch of a drive over there in LI traffic!

I'd go for it, but it would just be a bad decision on my part. I have too much work to do on my house, plus my savings/project funding is seriously depleted. 6 months ago or 6 months from now, I'd probably offer him $1000 without seeing it (unless there was something horrendous when I saw it), or negotiate it when I'm looking at it.
    Also, the guy that bought my black K5 had it shipped to Ohio for around $1000.

Anyway, I know this isn't the for sale forum, but I figured I'd post it since I'm passing it up, and I know what it needs is fairly easily repairable for us K5 addicts.