Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K5 Intake Snorkle

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SF87K5, Oct 27, 2002.

1. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Looking to see if anyone has put a snorkle on there K5. If so please let me know how and if you have pictures will help also. Also can you use the ARB snorkle on the K5?

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

3. aksidentproan

aksidentproan 1/2 ton status

I've been thinking of using one of these for a while now. I would definatly use some silicone though.

snorkel

Evan

4. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

5. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

I like your consept. Can you e-mail me so other pics of it and let me now how you made it. Like what size pullies and how you cut ot the canters and what kind of pipe and about how much does it weight. Plus what kind of snorkle is onit and where is the sand trap.

Thank you

6. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

If you want to spend some cash, ARB makes one for the FJ80 that fits our trucks pretty well. The truck Mad Max in the for sale section uses this one. www.man-a-fre.com/snorkel.html Nice finish. Hook it up to one of these www.ramairbox.com and who needs chrome? /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

7. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

im going to psost here so as not to be typing the same thing over and over.
    the pullys, i have no clue what application they are from. i just found them at the yard i work at. i cant find any more the right size in the yard now. i made that one for a tow truck, i need to make one for myself now but as a snorkle. the pullies were oxy torched out in the centers, then welded together with a mig. a water pump style pully was then welded to the to to make the hole smaller for the nuts. washers had to help a bit as well. then the oxy was used again to cut a hole for the drive shaft to be welded on. the sand filter is more a sand trap. it creates a "tornado" and hold the heavier particles down in the bottom. it is the clear and black canister on the left of one of the pictures. i found a better filter box to use off a crystler minivan. i will be using this one when i do mine. as for the sand trap a local tractor store will have one for under 20 dollars. once i actualy do the one for my truck, and it will be a while, i will post a write up on it. i will be forced to use new pullys i think and i might be making a few of them to sell. but i need to many parts before i can start on it for my own rig. and i need to get the drivetrain back in my rig before i start on it as well.
    Grant

8. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

ok cool. When your done Iwould like to see pics of it.
    Thanks for your help.

9. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status