Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K5 lives, and Q-Jet questions

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by BadDog, Sep 6, 2003.

1. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Well, my son's K5 is running now. It was a combination of things. Carb base not sealing (sealed now, but need a new isolator/gasket) was one biggie. Split in a rubber hose my son "checked carefully" /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Idle air adjustment on the ps was run out 5 FULL TURNS! Almost 4 full turns on the ds. And of course the primary shaft has badly worn bushings so it's never going to idle right. But, right now it idles a little rough right at 700 rpms. Not to bad considering that's the first try after setting the carb back on and "bench setting" the IAS by hand 2.5 turns each). Vac guage (which ultimately proved unnecessary) says almost 10 psi with everything plugged. We'll see what happens when I start hooking things back up. Haven't even begun to tune so I'm hopeful...

Now, anyone know where I can get a shaft bushing kit locally? Alternatively, anyone got a base plate in good shape they will part with? He can't afford a reman and his debt to me is getting steep with alot still to go...

2. weisel

weisel 1/2 ton status

I didn't know they made bushing kits. I may be interested in that depending on what it costs or how hard it is to get.

Rod's Carbeurator and Distributor will bush it for $20 I think (mabey $25, I can't remember). They have the single gasket you will need also, so you don't have to buy a whole rebuild kit. They are on 27th Ave and McDowell on the north west corner in Phoenix.

I want to do this to my carb because of excessive play. May even help with my dieseling problem, don't know.

Is it really 10psi? or mmHg?

3. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I think you need to contact "Crazy Nick's Used Truck Parts".

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I kinda figured you might know something about this. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif But I was just browsing while taking a food break and made the post.

And yeah, I meant inches...

5. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I may have an a base plate, just pm me what you need.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif