Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K5 Newbie - Please help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DriverSound, May 28, 2002.

1. DriverSound

DriverSound Newbie

Hello everybody. I just recently purchased a 1985 K-5 Blazer. I just wanted your opinion on where to start on building it. I need some info on lifts, kits? price? tips, etc. Thanks in advance.

2. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I would say to start by just getting out there and wheeling in your K5 the way it sits now to see what it is capable of. You might be surprised. A lot of people here will tell you that going to 3/4 or 1ton axles should be the first place to start, and I would have to agree. Fill out your profile, use the bio section to tell us about your truck. What kind of offroading do you mostly plan on doing? That will make a big difference as to how you should modify your truck. Also, just read through some posts and do a search on what you want to know about, it is good to have an idea of what your options are before you start. Welcome to the addiction!

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

yeah go out and see what you can do first, then you'll want a lift. i'd go with a 4", i thought about a 2.5" when i was new and everybody said, "go with a 4" or you'll just regret it in the future," they were right. now i want a 6".

anyways welcome to the addiction that is coloradok5.com. have fun & enjoy the ride!