Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K5 on Horsepower TV!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by beefcake83, May 6, 2001.

1. beefcake83

beefcake83 1/2 ton status

Just spotted a K5 on Horsepower TV. One of the guys walked over to the Trucks! set, and borrowed a wrench, and the Trucks! guys had a K5 up on the lift. Hopefully it'll be on an upcoming episode. Too bad the rest of the show was an 'All Ford' theme. Seeing all the old 'stangs did bring back memories.

Gary Graham
    '83 GMC Jimmy 350 'Beefcake'
    Eielson AFB, Alaska
    Metallica & Mountain Dew
    http://community.webshots.com/user/beefcake83

2. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

That is one job I would actually like to get up in the morning and go to! I cant believe they get paid for it...id pay them just to hang around. Trucks is cool but I wish it was 4X4 trucks only not "this week on trucks Mel and Stacy will be bolting a $10,000 engine in their project low rider dodge durnago..then they will explaine how to use air tools"...awe come on take that old international scout or what ever it was and go offroading...

3. FWP

FWP CRS

ROTFLMAO... Good one mouse

[​IMG]

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Trucks is kind of lame, how many of you remember the show that was on before called "Truckin USA" some old guy drove around the country and covered guys wheeling every week, was kind of cool, I guess the mass public isn't ready for off-road.

Steve
    [​IMG]
    Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

5. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Truckin USA was cool, But it seemed like all they did was pound the pavement...The old dude was in his dodge ram...I rember it well. Whats up with the RV show on before trucks now that is LAME!

6. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Yea, I saw the same thing. They better show it in the future. I think you have to make 70k a year before you can watch that show though. That blower motor they have on that engine stand is worth more money than I have dumped into my truck. And that Wrangler they built up was kinda gay with all of the big bumpers and nerf bars.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

7. Hathaway

Hathaway 1/2 ton status

I still dig trucks. Trucks, Horse Power TV, Shadetree mech./crank and chrome(was better when it was shadetree) all are good shows. I'm not big on that Popular Hot Rodding or whatever it is with Cam and Dean. Project Wicked Willy's was a beast. Wish they'd show the thing off road. Remember the project big orange? They actually showed it off road a couple times. And the tread things they put on it were cool as heck [​IMG] I wouldn't mind having the money to build a copy of their project Harry Hauler either.....

Dan, '86 K5, 5.0L v8, NP208, TH700R4, open 10bolts front and rear, 3.43gearing, K&N filter, 31x10.50R15 Trailhandlers

8. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

I quit what I'm doin to watch Trucks and a couple others on TNN unless it is reruns, think it is kinda cool....

83K5 Silverado
    What was that bump?

9. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I used to watch Truckin USA when I was in third grade! [​IMG] I liked to watch FOURWHEELER TV even though it was mostly j**ps.

Murphy's Laws on Life :
    "It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object to realize you are in a hurry."

10. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Yeah, I saw that too ! It was a stout looking Blazer ! I e-mailed those guys and told them to do a Project build up of a Nice K5, but haven't heard back from them. If you go to their web site, you can see the show's schedule for the next year or so. Nothing in the line up yet.

L8r,
    . Riz . <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</A>

[​IMG]