Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K5 Options / Altimeter

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jimmie, Oct 29, 2001.

1. jimmie

jimmie Newbie

Hey,

New user, first question.

I'm a long time Jimmy owner. Just bought a '72 K5 today. Truck number two!
    Anyways. Quick question for you Blazer people.
    There is what appears to be an original issue Altimeter mounted to the windshield frame where the mirror
    hangs on the GMC. Its made by Taylor Instrument Co. out of New York.
    Looks crusty enough to be original equipment. Anyone know if this is the case and or where this thing
    came from?
    Thanks in advance.

- Dave Lucas

2. wrath

wrath 1/2 ton status

I'm guessing its not original..never heard of one being there..congrats on your new addition tho..topless rules!!How bout some specs on it..

70K5 350ci.350/205 "PROJECT 40"BOGGERS" It runs and its clean !!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/OurMudToys/the70k5blazer.msnw>http://communities.msn.com/OurMudToys/the70k5blazer.msnw</a>

3. ed rex

ed rex Registered Member

I can speak to the specs as it's sitting in my garage......tee hee tee hee...PARTS!!! (sorry to steal your thunder dude).

Overall very good condition. Body has no problems other than a few light rustings that are easy to deal with. Top is double wall type and it is almost mint. No motor, the guy had a 454 in it. Bout ~6 inches of suspension lift and a 3" body lift kit. TH350 rumored to have some sort of stall converter applied. Rear is 1 ton with a detroit locker, 456 gears. Front is 6 bolt, but with matching 456 gears. 6 - 75% tread Goodyear mud T/A's...35". Interior is sound. Rear seat is pristine, fronts are not bad. It's an AC tub. Smittybuilt front bumper and an excellent homemade rear 5" pipe bumper/skidplate assembly. factory skidplates. Dual shocks/mounts. Nice 2 1/2" exhaust system with Flowmasters. Originally the forest green color, it's been painted white. Top has been painted black. Looks like 100% of all the parts are there except for the engine....all the little rubber bumpers, window plastic pieces, everything. $2500.

4. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

Wow, sounds like you got a great deal. What are your plans for a power plant? Got any pics?

'69 K-5/350/TH350/35's & 6" Lift