Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K5 rally wheels on a 99 Yukon

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BSav, Jan 9, 2007.

1. BSav

BSav Registered Member

K5 rally wheels on a 99 Yukon, Can it be done? I saw a simmilar set up on a truck in the want adds in the Boston, MA area. Has any one done/attemped it before? The tires on my wheels are 33-12.5-15 BFG all terrain, were trying to fit them om my dads stock 99 Yukon. What do you think. His tires need replacing and mine are new, were takink a trip up to carabu ME to snowmobile, if they fit do you think they will be safe for the almost 700 mile round trip pulling a four place smowmobile trailer.:(

Thanks for the input

Brian

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i have done it on my 91 K1500, try em on and find out. i had just a slight problem at full stuff with the wheels turned with them contacting the lower corner of the bumper. the rear had plenty of room to spare.

3. Craig Artzner

Craig Artzner 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

You can do it, it'll be safe, but they'll stick out on the sides past the body and you'll have some minor rubbing issues. Also, if you like to keep your truck clean you're in for a battle because the tires will throw dirt and filth all over the sides of your truck unless you get fender flares.

The factory wheels on your truck have way more backspacing than the old Chevy rallys and therefore sit within the fenders.

Here's a picture of my stock-height, '96 GMC I had back in 1999. It had 15x8 Mickey Thompson Classic rims with 33x12.50R15 BFG All-Terrains. I had to lop off both lower corners of my front bumper in order to run them but other than that no problems.

[​IMG]

4. 54inches

54inches 1/2 ton status

I believe that the new body styles had bigger brakes than the 96's and 15" wheels will NOT clear the calipers......

5. Craig Artzner

Craig Artzner 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah that's true but he has a '99 Yukon which continued the old "88-98" platform through the 2000 model year. Tahoes and Yukons weren't updated to the new body until 2001.

6. 54inches

54inches 1/2 ton status

DOH.....I totally missed the YUKON in the original posts.....I apologize, just trying to help.....