Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K5 randomly losses power on startup

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Nov 1, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Ok I haven't had a K5 problem post in a long time but in the past few weeks I randomly start the k5 and I've started noticing it seemingly randomly doesn't have power. Like I turn the key to on and in the interior light comes on but when I turn to start the light goes out and nothing happens. I try it a few times then it just starts no problem like nothing happened. anyone have an idea? I will be moving the battery to interior so will get new grounds and positive wire going.

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

my truck was doing that to a long time ago..turned out to be that wire that goes from the core support to the frame..the gorund wire..sounds like a bad ground to me..

3. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    my truck was doing that to a long time ago..turned out to be that wire that goes from the core support to the frame..the gorund wire..sounds like a bad ground to me..

[/ QUOTE ]

same exact thing happened to me

4. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

I will third the bad ground........its sucks when your looking for it at 3am 100+ miles from home and your in the dark/snow and.............