Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K5 Rear Shoulder Belts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 73k5blazer, Apr 6, 2004.

1. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Is it my imagination, or do I remember seeing rear shoulder belts in some of the later model K5's (like '90 '91 or something)?
    Anyone know if they had 'em?

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Yep they sure do. Not sure what year they started (I think you're right, 90) but my 91 definitely has them.

3. 73k5blazer

SO they are anchored to the top then?

4. lifethroughdeath

lifethroughdeath 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    SO they are anchored to the top then?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Exactly, so when ur topless, there's no rear belts. Well unless you bolt some down like me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Nate /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

My 1990 has them. I wish it were only lap belts though. What are you guys doing when your tops are off? I want to go soft top, should I just order lap blets for an older K5 from LMC or other company?

6. lifethroughdeath

lifethroughdeath 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    should I just order lap blets for an older K5 from LMC or other company?

[/ QUOTE ] thats all i did, just i got them from the local junkyard.. quick cheap and easy /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Nate

7. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

I heard something about the rear shoulder belts bein anchored to the top, like if you rolled, the top may pop off and with the belt anchored to the top, your head may go pop too??

8. 73k5blazer

So then I would take it rear seat has no retractable belts in it, just 3 fixed lenght belts with latches?
    The reason I ask is I'm trying to figure out what kind of seat belts I want to run in the rear of my truck, I've installed a roll cage so I have an upper anchor point, but my rear seat is from an '89, and has one standard lap belt in the middle, and two retractable straight belts in the seat, that are supposed to connect to fixed lenght sections coming from each outboard side.
    It's kinda of goofy if you remove those retractable mechanisms, because that would leave two 2x2" holes in the seat.
    So if a seat from a '91 has just the lap belt in the middle, plus two fixed lenght belts for the outboard seats, I think I would start sourceing a seat from a '91.

Ken