Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K5 Roll Bar

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Storm Trooper, Apr 26, 2001.

1. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Just wondered if anyone makes a roll bar for a K5?
    Does the cab have any built in strenght? or would it just crush. A roll bar that cleared the cab would protect it but would probably look dumb.
    An interior one could protect you but not the truck (inside the topper). Any ideas???
    I saw a K5 in Moab with a lot of cage work around the truck but it was a little too much. It wrecked the look of the truck.

[​IMG]

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

76-91 K5's have a reinforced steel "roll bar" intergrated into the cab(right behind your head) It will hold up during a rollover but another rollbar/cage will help out. If I'm ever in a rollover I'd be more concerned about me and passengers rather than the truck but I like the look of the exoskeleton 'cage

Murphy's Laws on Life :
    "It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object to realize you are in a hurry."

3. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Storm Trooper,

Yes, a few companies make them, the best of which is Smittybilt. I have the Smittybilt roll bar in mine, plus the weld-in cage kit for the front, also. You can see the kits at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.smittybiltinc.com>http://www.smittybiltinc.com</A>. We sell them here where I work, so if you need pricing, etc, email me at keith@autoaccessory.com. I have already sold a few to CoK5 members, I'd be glad to help you out. And as I have said in the past, I don't make any commission or anything, just trying to help you guys and my company at teh same time!

Keith

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

5. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Thanks, Keith & Stephanie
    Both look like some good options, not that I don't trust Chevy but extra protection would be good. Sorry for taking so long to get back to you but I had to go to work right after the post.
    I have a bunch of things to do to the K5 so when I can get to this, I'll e-mail you Keith for some prices or if you have the time - part # BL478 and also CB10-F (can I add a winch?)
    Thanks, Dave

[​IMG]

6. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Dave, I emailed you the prices, let me know what you think.

Keith