Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K5 Seats in a K10?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Confedneck, May 24, 2003.

1. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

how hard would it be to put k5 buckets into my k10? not that hard id think?, but of course, i think, therefore i have a headache...

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

id like to know too..im planning on the same thing...probobly nothing to it besides having to drill some moutning holes..

3. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Seat tracks are very different since the K5 has a flat floor, and the K10 is bulged up to accomodate the saddle tanks.

I

4. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    I've seen it done with seats out of an older chevy van. The big captains buckts in there are actually pretty sweet.

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

if you just plain bolted the k5 seats in they would be way to tall right!? because of that hump.

6. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    if you just plain bolted the k5 seats in they would be way to tall right!? because of that hump.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sort of.. the cab floor isn't even near flat. The inboard-front mount is down low next to the hump. The front- outboard mounting point is on top the hump. The two rear mounts are higher still on the ledge that forms the back of the cab.

Van tracks should work since they're only about 1" tall - very compact... just build something to level the floor first.

You could see if GM still carries regular-cab bucket seat tracks... they do exist.

7. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Tried the dealer option. They were discountinued some years ago /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif . Your best bet is to use a set out of a Suburban. The tracks are identical in the front and only slighty off in the back. You just have to bend the back ears up a bit to match the shape of the floor. The inside front mount also require this spacer thing cause the floor dips down over there. The suburbans and bucket seat pickups have that spacer spot welded on to the floor. Make sure to steal that while you're at it.