Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K5 seats in a pickup

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Calclips, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    I did a few searches, but couldn't find what I wanted. I need to know if I pick up a set of K5 seats and a console can I just drill 4 mounting holes per seat and bolt them down and everything be okay? Are the seats going to be too high/low? Anything I should know about doing a swap like this? Anyone done it before? Thanks in advance.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I saw it done on a truck I was looking at buying. The seats were low. If I did it I would have made like blocks and stilted them up a little. Say 2". Just my opinion. But yeah its been done so I would say just drilling holes and bolting them down will do. Of course check the other side of where you are drilling to make sure it is clear.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Guarantee the seat brackets are too tall. Besides, up to '85 you have to deal with the tilt mechanism on the passenger side seat frame anyways.

It'd be just as much work to put in better car seats (camaro, Z24, you name it) than it would be to retrofit the somewhat ok K5 seats. I personally don't mind the K5 seats that much, but if I was hardcore beating the vehicle, I'm sure I'd hate how much they'd let you get thrown around.

Besides, I'd bet car ones are more comfortable and plentiful anyways.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I have '92 Integra seats in my truck, the frame to mount them is a pretty simple affair. A big 2" square tube rectangle with 4 tabs welded on that bolt to the original holes. The Blazer seats might be able to be done in a similar fashion. BTW, if anyone has a late model split bench from a GM truck I might trade straight across for these...

[​IMG]

</font color>