Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K5 seats

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Greg, Jan 17, 2001.

1. Greg

Greg Registered Member

I recently purchased a 91 k5 in GREAT condition but the previous owner was lets say a little *large* and need to replace the front seat. It's a captains chair style but I was wondering rather than replacing it with one from the junkyard (and running the chance that I won't find one to match my interior) is there anything else I could replace it with? Preferrably one that uses the same tracks (so I don't have to drill any more holes). What about the new Tahoe series? will those newer seats fit into a 91 blazer?
    Is there another brand/manufacturer that you guys recommend?
    Please let me know!
    Greg

2. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

We installed a set of 94 Suburban seats in one of our Blazers.. We had to drill holes for them to line up correctly. I don't think there is any other way around it.. unless you can find a way to remove your Blazer's seat mount along with the tracks, then mount the new seats to the original seat base.. I was thinking of trying that.. but the holes have already been drilled..
    I say find whatever seats you like and just go for it.
    I can send you pics of how we mounted them if you like..

(updated) <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rocko.coloradok5.com>http://www.rocko.coloradok5.com</A>

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I used astro van seats. From approx. the same year. They bolted right in.

Become one with nature............Then marinte it..