Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K5 stock speaker sizes???

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 1badv10, Mar 1, 2004.

1. 1badv10

1badv10 Registered Member

what size are the stock speakers /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif .. vehicle is an 89 K5.. front/kick panel/rear.... thanks

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I don't think you have speakers in the kick panels. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif 4x10's in the cargo area, 4" tweeters in the corners of the dash and I think a 6x9" in the middle of the dash. Don't quote me on the front 3 though.

3. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

in the dash are either a single 4x10 if you got the basic radio or dual 3.5's in each corner of the dash for the deluxe.no speakers in the kick panels, but you can get molds that hold 5.25 components. the rear are 4x10 in the cargo area. All the stock speakers suck. dont upgrade with the same sizes. you can switch the rears out for 6x9's with a little effort. if you want anything close to decent sound in the front, dont bother with anything in the dash,i made the mistake of doing that and it was a big waste of money. either get the Qforms kick panels with components or cut holes in the doorpanels for 6.5's. i would go for the kick panels, better sound and you dont have to cut up the doors. thats the plan for my truck.