Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K5 to go bye bye soon enough

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Jun 5, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Just got the word my loan is going through for my new rig /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Need the money so the K5 will be for sale in the not too distant future. Getting a 95 2500(8 lug) with 350 and 4l60E, TBI motor but the newer style interior, 4.10 gears, plow and tow package. $8500 with 80k miles on the clock. The Coloroadok5 sticker will find its way on there, I don't care if its not a K5 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Got to pay her off and sell the plow then its time to start playing.

2. wadinator

wadinator 1/2 ton status

3/4 ton with a 4l60e? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The price sounds unbelieveable thought /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I was guessing I Just knew its the electronic 4 speed, might it be a 4l80E?

4. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Good score!

Most likely it is the 4L80-E. If its 8 lug it should be.

John

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

SWEET that makes me extra happy, Any chance its a ff 14 bolt? I would be happy with a SF but FF would make me extra happy. I forgot to look when I went last night. Has a K&N intake on it and a new factory style exhaust so I am just gonna put one of those electronic shift improvers on it and thats all that will be done to it until I pay it off.

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea i think im ganna go for a newer truck after im done with mine and sell it..they are ifs but oh well..but on the other hand these old trucks are so much easir to work on..speacially the carbed ones..i dunno i just thought it would be neat to try a newer rig like an early 90's

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Double check the RPO codes, probably IS a 4L60E..........my uncle just bought the same basic truck as you and is mighty disapointed the tranny is the L60, not to mention the gas mileage, or lack thereof.

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I am planning a SAS whenever I pay it off so yeah /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I like the looks of SFA 90s chevys. And I won't be too dissapointed if its the 4l60e, and the guy claimed 12mpg and well I am getting 6-8 now so be hard to dissapoint me there.

9. Sample

Sample 1/2 ton status

Why would you get a 3/4 ton truck and only get the 350 in it?

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

cause its a 95 and i didn't buy it. Its the stripped down work truck model. I am not a fan of the TBI 454s they were sort of dissapointing in comparison to the Carbed motors in my opinion. Then again TBI 350s aren't hot rod engines either. Some day mine will have headers and some 1.6 ratio roller rockers. For now its just the K&N FIPK and the throttle body spacer a friend made for me.

11. MousePowrd

MousePowrd 1/2 ton status

I had a 95 1 ton dually with a 454 TBI, and it had tons of pulling power. I loved it, except the gas mileage was horrible (8mpg in winter) They wont win drag races but they will pull the moon.

12. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

If it's an 8-lugger it will be an 80 not a 60. The 60's came in the light duty 2500's with 6 lugs. The rear is more than likely a SF. I only recall seeing one 2500 small block truck with a FF (I'm sure they exist, but they are rare around here) but all of the big blocks, diesels, and 3500's have em. I have a 95 K2500, it's a great truck.