Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

k5 Value

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Broke84, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Broke84

Broke84 Registered Member

Hey guys, seems that my country needs me overseas and I've got to trim some extra "niceties" before I leave. Unfortunately, that means the 84 K5's gotta go. I think I got a pretty good deal on it, so I thought I'd ask here what you guys think a reasonable selling price would be. Here are the details:
    The good -
    350 - don't know mileage as this is not the original engine
    brand new BFG A/T 33's (paid almost $800)
    New battery alternator and starter
    Floor just re-done (rust removed / holes patched, Rust Bullet then Herculiner firewall to tailgate. Cab area covered in 1/8" "custom (by me) rubber floor mat.)
    New plugs and air filter
    4" springs (not installed)
    Not much rust
    Runs pretty good, I drive it daily w/ no problems except 10 mpg. It did, however, just pass VA safety inspection.

The not-so-good -
    Primer grey (it was that way a year ago when I got it and I haven't had time to paint)
    Rockers rusty - not unbearable, but will have to be replaced at some point.
    Some rust in the back of the bed by the gas filler neck and tailgate hinge area
    Needs new manual crank for back glass
    Carb could use a rebuild - idles a little high (if you tap the gas at a light, it goes down below 1000 rpm)
    Not an A/C truck, but does have a non-connected A/C unit and HVAC controls (guess it was never completely converted?)
    Interior needs a few things - sill plates, dash is cracked, maybe paint on some of trim. The vinyl seats are in good shape though. The list I made to finish the interior to my liking came out to about $300 but that was w/ a dash cap, not a new pad.

So what do you think? Any ideas on a fair selling price? I saw a guy w/ an 84 selling locally for $4500, but it looked much better although it had a 305 and stock 31.5's. Thanks, I'm not looking to make a fortune, but I'd like to get close to what it's worth.

2. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

aww man :( ya im sellin mine too. ask high that way u have neg room and u can prolly still get what u want for it. im askin 6500 locally for mine, but if i can get around 5 or so id be happy. id prolly ask like $4000 or so locally. around where i live there arent many k5s in good condition, so a decent one goes for pretty good money. here online u wouldnt get much for it.

goodluck

3. Broke84

Broke84 Registered Member

Hey, thanks. Yeah - a lot of good those springs did me huh? Oh well, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Any other inputs?

4. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

yea i know, thats ashame. i just did the same thing 2 weeks ago...i bought 5.13s f/r, carriers, install kits and a detroit...$1000 and now im sellin the truck :o