Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

k5 ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 4x4k20, Dec 14, 2001.

1. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

i have a 78 k5 and have owned a 69 82 88 and this 78 all but the 69 when you are driving it the body seems to roll from side to to side when you are going down the road i guess that it is because it is top heavy i dont know what do you you guys think and has anybody noticed this with there blazer ?and know how to correct it

4x4k20

2. is it lifted, stock, worn out shocks, sagged out springs. fill out your bio or give us some more info. when i did my shackle flip i noticed more body roll. but i don't mind it for the extra flex. i'v been in other lifted rigs with stiffer springs and they had very little body role.

<font color=blue> Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

</font color=blue>

3. EZdoesit

EZdoesit Registered Member

if the truck has p-metric tires on it the best thing you can do is change to LT tires that will make a big difference. Then check ball joints shocks and sway bar bushings, replace as necessary and it should take care of most of it. Also the rearend is 3" narrower than the front, put 1.5" spacers on the back wheels to widen the track and that will help too.

4. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

it is stock has new ball joints with 33 tires it feels like the rear has more sway than the front maybe stiffer springs on the rear would help

4x4k20

5. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

that sounds like a good ideal adding the spacers to make the rear as wide as the front has anyone done this ?

4x4k20

6. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Here's some good info on those Spacers:<a target="_blank" href=http://www.coloradok5.com/wheelspacers.shtml> CK5 Wheel spacer review</a>