Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K5's everywhere for sale in the west !!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by R72K5, Jan 19, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

K5\'s everywhere for sale in the west !!

damn, been surfing /www.collectorcartraderonline.com site for like 10 minutes only and so far found at least 20 different 69-75 blazers for sale CHEAP in like NM and AZ and Cali !! Sooooo..... I think i have fially seen the light and am going to ACTUALLY follow it and sell All i can sell that i have here, Vewhicles And parts and such and when i get calle Dback tot he plAnt get me a K5 for the fIrs Ttime ever to drive anD not hAve rust holEs !

what do ya'll think And what do you think i should dO that could help even more in accomplishing this ?

thanKS
    R

2. agrezy1

agrezy1 Registered Member

Re: K5\'s everywhere for sale in the west !!

rust holes we dont have any stikin rust holes,with 345 days of sunshine rust has to get up pretty early around here,only thing you have to watch is sometimes the interiors are rough from the desert sun and 105 plus temps.but with all the aftermarket stuff i wouldnt worry,i sold a 1965 4x4 suburban last summer to a guy in canada it had two rust spots on lower front fender size of a golf ball i thought that was bad he just laughed a said if you cant see through to other side its a keeper. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

thats insane man, WHOLE TOTALLY DIFFERENT world out there man, damn.. the canada person is correct about seeing through to other side on bod panels he is very correct, rust spots are considered mint shape in these parts, hole are mint unless are a large area like 8x10 or so. ropckers never intact always missing skin metal completely and rear arches and floors always missing alot of area, the metal is thin it doesnt last long, usually is ate through in alot of areas by 12-15 years of life or sometimes less

just is normal thing, to us.

thanks!

4. Scott87K5

Scott87K5 Registered Member

That is the first thing that struck me as cool when I went to Reno. You western fold don't know how good you have it!!! My g/f's 1992 Y/J had two soft ball holes in the front, and the surface/bubbles throughout, with only 68K miles.

My truck is considered solid, with no rockers, and surface rust on the fenders and quarters. The inner fenders look like swiss cheese

My next K5 is coming from Nevada for sure!!!

Seems like good business to me, BTW. I thought about doing something with shipping trucks from the west back east, and shipping engines and axles from the east out west...

Scott

5. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

If you find one near anybody. Most of us would be willing to go check it out for you... What is this rust that you all are talking about..Is it a bad thing.???? LoL

6. BigBen

BigBen 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yeah, it's unbelievable out here.
    I grew up in Michigan, always wanting a '70s K5. Unforutnately all I ever found was rust. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I moved to Silicon Valley for the job, and bought a '74 in souther cal with NO RUST! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif And the best thing is that all the bolts come off without a torch! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Now I got laid off and I'm moving back to Michigan. I'll be taking my K5 with me!

Good luck in your search. The trucks out here definitley make it worth the trip.

-Ben

7. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I've seen rust in the movies and in Zoo's but I've never had to deal with it.

8. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

yeah i dont even want to get into it, i wish io had a digicm for you western folks, youd freak if you saw even the lesser rusted crap here, it leaves no survivors 90% of the time, and gets so bad that vehicles can become literally undriveable due to cab not attached to frame anymore due to no floorboards left and frame body mount brackets, parts liek floor supports fall off on roadway sometimes,. etc, no inspections here so you drive it til you cant drive it anymore til it is falling apart literally.

damn wish i had a camera..... soem of the stuff ive cut up youd die seeing, hehe

like the 81 i have and the 82 k10 my stepdad has, the rear wheel arches are gone you can see the inner walls about 6" high from arch opening up and rocker skins mossing most metal outer and see inner and some palces through that even, and most trucks have no lower 6"of front and rear most fender bottoms, can see inner walls of them, floors usualyl gone use big metal plates to cover up to have a floor, bed flors usualyl tons of holes or large areas gone missing, and tailgates rotted through gone all across bottoms and sometimes holes all way through around the GMC or Chevy lettering, last 3" of bed floor just in front of gate ate all way through alot of area. cab corners always gone all through, see ground if remove the cardboard stuff in there, on 67-72's you can drop a shoe through from inside of rear corner and it wil fall on ground, always that way with that old style metal
    ok that wa smore in depth than i wanted to get, but is a start

thats probably what id have to do is hire someone near any western truck i am looking at to go check it out,

thanks

9. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Most of us would go check it out for free for you.. If we lived close enough.. Just giving you a bad time about the rust.. It is just something we don't really have to deal with here.. We only use salt at the dinner table...LOL

10. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

hehe.

im really on a mindset to find a good ol 71-75 K-5 (disc brakes and full convertible) thats not modifed much or at all, mostly stock mechanically and totally stock physically and preferably 205 cased and deeper geared than wimpy 3.07's

im gonna look in tech info pages to see what cases and ratios in 73-75 years, i already know that info on 69-72 years.

thanks all /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

11. SickboySS

SickboySS 1/2 ton status

damn, lucky! both the seats in my 88 are held up with blocks otherwise they'd be through the floor, the tailgate is permanently shut too and the floor is slowly goin and goin even more

12. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    what do ya'll think And what do you think i should dO that could help even more in accomplishing this ?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Dang gokartergo is on top of it!
    If you see one in California.. Post in the nor cal or so cal fourms and i'm sure if there's someone nearby they'd help ya out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I knew of a couple pretty nice ones that sold around here.

13. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I grew up in PA so I remember. Dont miss it at all.

14. R72K5

R72K5 Banned